Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tired tonight

I am tired tonight gentle readers.

But first, let me explain why you had no new blog to read and digest last night. I went to an old co-worker’s retirement party. I had been away from the company for five years. One of the party planners called me to invite me to the event since I had been the retiree’s senior manager for a number of years.

The party was at a local restaurant that I frequent. It specializes in fresh sea food. Yummy grilled salmon last night. Anyway. I had a wonderful time at the party, seeing acquaintances that I had not seen in ten years in some cases.

I got home just before 9:00 PM and I clicked on the ABC television mini-series Empire, about the rise of the Roman Empire. I got hooked on it and the next thing I knew it was 11:00 PM. There was just no way I was going to start a blog that late;not when I get up at 5:00 AM.

As it was, 5:00 AM came awfully early today.

The Big Guy called me after he got his latest grade in his writing class. It was another 3.5. It looks like he will end up with a 3.5 out of a possible 4.0 for the class. It is a fine mark but he felt he deserved a 4.0 grade. We talked about the grade and he is over it by now and ready to move on the next class. He has made a mental note to never take a class from this professor again.

We also talked about what to see in the cinema this weekend. Neither one of us is interested in WAR OF THE WORLDS. I have an interest in seeing Miyazawa’s new film, HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE. I will probably see it over the long weekend.

I had a lot more that I planned to write about but I left my suggested topics and comments notes in the office. I had to go to another office for a meeting in the afternoon and then I went home from that location.

I had to phone Vivian the office assistant to ask her to close my office door for the night. Vivian also reminded me to bring my food in for the office farewell lunch tomorrow.

I am bringing in a Greek style Caesar salad that I prepare with kalamata olives instead of anchovies, feta cheese instead of parmesan cheese, and red onions. I also add in some cut up cherry tomatoes and sliced red and yellow peppers. The peppers are mostly there for color.

I spent the better part of an hour at the chopping board, cutting the ingredients up and putting them in little plastic bags. I can take everything to work in the bags and then toss bag contents all into the salad bowl, pour on the dressing, mix everything up, and let the group serve themselves.

Perfectomundo.

If nothing else, it is healthy and it should be tasty. One of the women is bringing in a spicy Indian dish that is made with curry. I hope my stomach survives that food group. I normally do not do well with really spicy foods.

I will try to write a better blog tomorrow when I remember to take my reminder notes home with me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home