Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tragedy in London

I had some witty comments and observations that I thought I would be able to post tonight. After the tragedy in London today, I do not feel like writing in a humorous vein. It is not right and proper.

I was taken by the news reports of how stoically the British responded to the day’s awful events. It sort of established a benchmark for this sort of event. I was very impressed by their resolve.

The Germans couldn’t break the will of the English in 1940. I doubt a bunch of raghead crackpots will even come close to denting their pride and strength of character. I liked one comment in a news report that I read at lunch today. It sort of sums everything up in a tidy little sentence.

“It’s called Great Britain for a reason.”

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home