Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another short blog

Hello gentle readers. This will be another short blog posting. It is hard to have much to say when all I do is go to work, come home, have dinner, write a blog posting, and go to bed until it is time to get up for work again. I have more varied activities on the weekend so those posting are longer out of necessity.

Days
It was Day 66 and the rains continued from yesterday on through until around mid-day today. This means the two forlorn potted palm trees got some water from the storm. The deconstruction dust should be well matted down into a mud-like mess.

There was no work with the rain coming down, obviously.

Big shout out to Doug
I need to give Doug a big shout out for referring a bunch of his readers to my humble blog. I had over 30 unique readers yesterday. He was writing about older people who try to act 26 or younger. He said I had my own blog but acted my age and that I didn’t try to dress like a college kid.

I think I come close to dressing when I wear my Tommy Bahama silk Aloha shirts. Doug said most college kids he knew could not afford a silk Tommy Bahama shirt so that doesn’t count against me. Actually, I think Doug would like to borrow my black Aloha shirt sometime. He likes Aloha shirts and black is his favorite color.

Weather
It rained on the way into work this morning. I was wondering how my car would look with the rain hitting it. I was concerned that it would look ugly with water spots and dirt on it. Actually, the rain was heavy enough to knock the dirt and dust off of the car. It looks rather well today.

Prelude performance
I forgot to mention that the Prelude hit 328,000 miles as I pulled into my building on Saturday after having dinner with Sharon. Honda built a winner car with my 1989 Prelude.

It runs and runs and runs just like a Swiss chronograph.
What more a guy ask for in a car? Nothing except maybe a hot Asian American female in the front passenger’s seat to keep him company when they are stuck in the Los Angeles traffic.

Food in the Office
Today was sweet food in the office day.

The feasting started when Vivian the Office Assistant brought in some chocolate cake she had made last night.

I was bummed out because the rain had kept me from getting my morning coffee. I was not about to walk two blocks in the rain for a cup of coffee. Vivian sent out an email to the office saying there was chocolate cake in the staff room. I needed no second invitation and when to pick out my piece.

Vivian said she knew I was ready for the cake as I walked past her cubicle on my way to the staff room.

Vivian’s cake was fresh and moist and very yummy. It was perfect chocolate cake.

I told Vivian that her cake was wonderful and that her boy friend is lucky to have found a woman like her who can cook and loves to cook as well. Vivian said he doesn’t eat most of what she cooks.

I think her boy friend is missing out on a lot of great food.

But, that is not my department.

Early this afternoon, my Halloween candy order for the office from Hershey’s arrived. It was four pounds of Hershey miniatures in a Halloween pail or bucket. I took the pail around in a reverse trick or treat. Everyone had one or more of the candies and, by the end of the day; the pail was down by close to two inches.

I was surprised that the Princess got her box on last Friday and I got mine today even though they were ordered at the same time. I guess it was the distances involved.

That was my day; tomorrow looks better with the end of the rain for a while.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home