Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Short Post

Short Post
This blog will be a short posting, primarily because nothing much happened to me today. Everyone has a dull every now and then and today was one of mine.

Days
It was Day 61 in the Non-Deconstruction Story for the building next door. Everyone followed their scripts and nothing happened.

Michelle the Stylist
I went to see Michelle the Stylist tonight on my way home from the office. My hair was getting on the shaggy side and starting to look unruly. This look may have been caused by the long weekend when I did not put any effort into managing my hair.

Anyway, it was time for a light trim.

Michelle is the longest running female stylist I think. She has been cutting my hair for maybe three or four years now. She tries very hard to cut the hair the way that I want but never seems to reach my desired goal.

So, you ask, why do I stay with Michelle?

Simple and easy.

The pain of starting over with another stylist would be too much. The place has a high turnover rate so I would realistically be starting over about every third haircut. The inconsistent look and results would bother me greatly. I would end up with a shaved head look to simplify things for the stylist. I mean, anyone can buzz cut someone’s head. How hard can shaving a head be?

Michelle has been bugging [her choice of words, nagging if you were to ask me] me to bring in a photo of Doug and his sister, the Princess, for two years. I copied a photo from early July when Sharon went to dinner with the three of us. I took a photo of the three of them.

Pointing to Sharon, Michelle wanted to know, “Who’s that?”

“Not one of my kids.”

“Gee, Charles, I could tell that. Give me a little credit why don’t you?”

“That’s my friend Sharon. She has been around as a friend for 15 years or so.”

“She’s cute and so are your kids. Your friend Sharon and daughter are on the short side in the photo.”

“Actually, Doug is just over six feet, one inch tall [185 cm].”

“Ahhhh, I see.”

We had a longer conversation but I didn’t remember most of it plus I don’t want to bore you with a discussion of how to make stuffing for a Thanksgiving turkey or why I will spend all of Thanksgiving Day cooking.

Programming Note
I have to do some other stuff tomorrow night so I will not have a blog posting for you to read. How many other blogs tell you ahead of time that there will not be a new posting? You get that here for no extra charge.

That’s all there is folks.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home