Monday, October 17, 2005

It rained in Southern California

Weather
It rained in Southern California today and will rain tonight and continue into tomorrow. This is something to not look forward to because the roads will be slick.

People will be talking on their cell phones while they try to drive. They will blame the driver of the car they hit for causing the accident. The other driver should have known that they were every important and that they had to talk on their cell phones about absolutely nothing important in the grand scheme of life.

The forecast is calling for a moderate amount of rain by the time the storm leaves tomorrow. I think the forecast is a little over an inch of rain at the beach with more rainfall the closer you are to the mountains.

I spoke with Doug about the rain this morning. He said there was a lot of thunder and lightening out by his house last night. Either I slept through the thunderstorm or there were none by my house. I think there were no storms by my house.

My drive home from work was not all that bad. It took me a bit longer to make the drive. I don’t think the rain had much to do with the extra time. It could have been unskilled drivers in California who are unfamiliar with wet weather. It will be rainy when I drive into the office but traffic will be light then. The rain should be gone by tomorrow night so the drive will be back to normal, whatever normal is on the freeway.

Days
It was a rainy Day 65 today. The rain will help keep the dust from the non-deconstruction site at the building next door down for the nest couple of days. The neighbors should appreciate that.

The two forlorn potted palm trees on the roof of the building next door got some water from the rain. I don’t know how much but any rain has to be beneficial for them since they are not being watered regularly now. I should be able to tell how much water the palm trees got by how their leaves droop on Wednesday.

Mail from my brother
I got an envelope from my brother today. He had cut out an article from the Wall Street Journal on upscale steakhouses because Doug and I love to go to them. Our personal favorite is Morton’s in Santa Ana, California and our favorite server is Amy. I had missed the article so this is pleasant reading.

I will be sharing the article with Doug when we visit Morton’s on Friday night. I had to be out in the area for a school class that runs from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Morton’s is maybe ten minutes away from school so it is a perfect place to go for a later dinner. It will be even better if Amy is our server.

That was my day gentle readers. I hope your day was exciting.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home