Thursday, October 13, 2005

Make-Up Blog Posting

Days
It is or was Days 62 and 63 of Non-Deconstruction at the building next door. There was some very minor activity to other day. Someone came in and removed a rusting pile of metal that looked like it came from a condenser or heat exchange unit in an air conditioning system.

It also looked like the boiler tubes on the good ship USS Leonard F Mason from when I sailed on her as part of the old Asiatic Squadron of the United States Navy’s Pacific Fleet. Except our boiler tubes were not rusty, I had more hair, and the hair was dark.

Those were good days for me.

Bad Tats and Thongs
I share Doug’s feelings about thong creep. It is bad, just plain bad to see the top of a thong creep up and over the top of a young woman’s pants.

When I was waiting for Michelle to cut my hair on Monday, a young woman came in to have her haircut. She looked too young even to be Doug’s girl friend. Anyway, when she turned around and had her back towards me, the top of her thong had crept about a half inch above the top of her pants. Since she had a tan from the beach, the black thong just stood out too much.

It was very distracting. It did not look good either.

She also had some bad tats as well. She had a small reddish one that was half way out of her pants. It sorted of looked like it was peering, like looking over a fence, at me when she turned around. Then, when she sat down, she had another tat that was mostly bluish on her lower stomach.

It looked at me when she sat down in the waiting chair opposite me. It looked at me whenever she moved around in the chair. I don’t know whether she was uncomfortable or was moving on purpose to show herself off. There were other and younger men than me in the hair styling place.

Then, I noticed she was wearing a wedding and engagement rings. She could not have been more than 18, if that. This made me feel really, really old now. I won’t go off on a rant about teenage marriages except to say they are a very bad idea from no good can come for most people.

Weekend Preview
I spoke with the Big Guy today but I forgot to ask him about his thoughts on the new choices for the weekend cinema; not that I will have a great deal of time for the cinema. More on that later.

We did talk about his classes. He said he got an A on his American Film course mid-term test. Doug was surprised because it was a screwy, messed up test. I said that he has a lot of experience with this type of test and he did agree with me on that point. He said he was one of the few students that got A’s on the examination.

Today was his Film Production class. If you will recall, Doug had some anxiety over his assignment to load a celluloid film camera and then shoot some scenes and images. Make that a whole lot of anxiety.

Anyway, the professor screened the student efforts today. Doug was pleased because his film came out which meant he was able to load the film properly and then expose it. He was able to film the action and the sound.

He said he only had one trouble spot. He had set the film speed to run faster than normal so the result was a slow motion series of images.

I also told Doug that he could sign up for some free film screenings at the November American Film Market event in Santa Monica. AFM is a major film market for domestic films. Since the screenings are free, I figured why not go to one or more of them.

Company Picnic
The Company is having its annual Southern California picnic on Saturday. I am planning on attending. It will be in San Diego which is a sort of bummer because I will have to drive there and back.

I could take a Company sponsored bus but I would have to get up at 5:00 AM and then drive for 50 miles to catch the bus. Taking the bus means that I would have no opportunity to make my own plans or leave when I wanted to.

I’ll drive and take an extra couple of hours of sleep instead. That plus I can do what I want to do.

Cigars
Since I am going to be in San Diego on Saturday, I plan to swing past the Cuban Cigar Factory and buy some more cigars. They have a nifty program of giving you a free cigar for every box you return. I have two boxes to turn in.

I am planning to smoke one cigar on the drive back to Redondo Beach. I will have the sun roof open so I can vent the smoke. Then, I will lower the side windows when the cigar is finished to really air out the car.

What a perfect way to end the day.

Other Stuff
Sunday is going to be a day for laundry, minor errands, going to the market, school work, and The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin. I have to make a presentation next Friday in class so I need to put it together on Sunday.

That’s my weekend gentle readers. I hope your weekend is wonderful.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home