Monday, December 05, 2005

Nice Guy Chuck

Days
It was Day 16 and the Haagen Daze ice cream held no interest for me again today. I will admit that around 4:15 PM this afternoon the thought of an ice cream sandwich did enter my mind. Unfortunately for me, the sandwich shop was closed for the day.

Nice Guy Chuck
I was Nice Guy Chuck again today. I found two jobs that my friend Sharon could handle including one that was only a few minutes drive from her home. I spent some of my billable time doing a job search for her. I hope Sharon appreciates my looking around for her.

Morton’s
I think you all know how much Doug and I enjoy going to Morton’s for dinner. The only trouble for me is that I have to drive an hour or more to get there and that makes for a long, long dinner.

I found out today that Morton’s is going to open a restaurant about five minutes drive from my house. I could walk there if I wanted to have dinner. Notice that I said that I could walk there. I don’t think I will be waking there unless gasoline goes to $10.00 a gallon.

The only bad part is the restaurant is under construction and it will probably not be finished until this time next year. Still, it is something to look forward to.

I told Doug about the new Morton’s and his reaction was, “I guess you’ll be going to Morton’s more often Dad.” Doug has that correct.

Parking Card
I finally received the parking structure access card this afternoon. This was only a day and a half late. First, it had been promised for Friday morning. Then, it was going to be delivered on Monday morning. It finally arrived Monday afternoon.

The parking structure card lady, the one with the orange hair and pink coat, must have no sense of time at all.

Moving along, the parking card did work when I went to leave work tonight so was not a complete loss.

Amy’s Candy
Ethel M sent me an email saying they had shipped Amy’s candy. Since it is coming second day air shipment from Las Vegas, it ought to arrive by Friday in plenty of time for our dinner on the 17th at Morton’s in Costa Mesa. Doug and I are highly confident that Amy, our favorite server, will love the candy. The Princess loves Ethel M.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home