Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
This is a four day long weekend for me gentle readers. And this will be a short blog because there was not much happening for me today.

Upcoming Activities
I think I will just list them sort of chronologically instead going with the narrative.
Thursday
Prepare turkey for cooking
Finish cleaning
Cook turkey
Serve dinner
Clean up
Collapse and go to bed

Friday
Sleep late
Read newspaper
See two movies
Leftovers for dinner
Read
Go to bed

Saturday
Sleep late
Read newspaper
See two movies
Leftovers for dinner
Read
Go to bed

Sunday
Sleep late
Rest
Have dinner
Go to bed

Nice Guy Chuck
I finished reading Doug’s joint paper with his classmate Jennifer. I only had a couple of minor comments concerning things like continuity and proper titling of a section. On balance, I thought it was a good paper.

I was disappointed with the very casual and conversational tone of the paper. It would have been too casual for any class that I ever taught. I always strived to have my students write professionally and to use sound sentence structures.

Maybe I am too old fashioned and conservative to go into the classroom again, even at the college level.

Courtyard Comments and Observations
It was cooler today so the smoker crowd was down again. I expect it will be down to noting on Friday. I could go by the building on Friday and check out the courtyard but that would cut into my movie viewing time.

Ms Halfway must have been having a bad day today. She had been down for four smoke breaks by 1:00 PM, about double from what she has done in the recent past. I wonder why she is smoking since the public must know about the dangers of smoking by now.

For the record, I am opposed to cigarette smoking because my mother was two packs of unfiltered cigarettes a day smoker for most of her life. That meant I was exposed to second hand smoke for twenty years. Swell. Lung cancer, probably caused by smoking, was one of the leading factors that resulted in her death.

I want to wish all of the regular and irregular readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will be back with the Weekend Update on Sunday the 27th.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home