Thursday, December 01, 2005

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
This is the Weekend Preview blog. I won’t be posting tomorrow night because I have school and it is unlikely that I will get home much before 11:00 PM. That is too late for a blog posting for me.

Days
Today was Day 14. Since it was cool, cloudy, and windy, it was easy to pass on the ice cream freezer chest.

Courtyard Observations
Winter is definitely arrived in the courtyard. Long scarves are everywhere and so are long coats.

It was overcast almost all day long today. I didn’t have to draw the blinds in the morning to keep from being roasted by the sun. I could see out easier but then long coats are not very exciting to look at unless you happen to be a coat maker I guess.

Tomorrow will be a more off day for the smoking crowd. The weather forecast is calling for rain showers off and on for the day. I learned a long time ago when I was in the Navy that it is close to impossible to smoke in the rain. I think the smokers will be cutting back tomorrow.

Job Searching and Interviewing
The Princess called me to ask some questions about a reference from her mentor. She was worried because she is interviewing for a job outside of her company.

I said that if her mentor was an ethical and honest person, then it would probably be fine to use the mentor for the reference. The mentor was aware of the Princess getting passed over twice this year for job transfers within the company so the mentor should not be surprised if the Princess was looking elsewhere.

I followed up with a recruiter that I had spoken to last week about a banking job in Orange County. I had not heard from her and I thought I was due a phone call one way or the other.

The recruiter said she had already sent an email off to the bank for a status update. She said she would follow up again with them today. I gave her some days next week when I would be able to take an interview and expressed my preference for a morning interview.

Maybe tomorrow will bring me some news about the job.

School
I have an appointment with my professor to go over my presentation tomorrow before class. I think I have just about got it finished. The meeting will just be a polishing effort so I can make the final presentation so the other students in the class can see what a finished and good presentation looks like.

I am pleased that it has only taken me two presentations plus one more to complete the task. One of my friends took five shots at his presentation before he got it right.

If all goes well, I expect to start writing the dissertation in January. Writing the dissertation is very important to me and very time consuming so that may mean I will be cutting back on my blog postings for a couple of months, maybe longer.

I checked in with Doug this afternoon to see how his class went and, more importantly, where we would go for dinner after class on Friday. Surprise, surprise, we will go to Albertacos. We went to the Original Tommy’s Burgers two weeks ago. I am a little burned out of Fatburger and Doug is burned out of In n Out Burgers.

November Visitors
I want to thank all of you who stopped by the blog in November. I do appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedules to consider my ramblings. November had 250 total visitors.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy and I will be back on Sunday with a Weekend Update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home