Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bad Observation

Crummy Day
Today was one of the days that, for the most part, was crummy.

Can’t See
My eyeglasses fell apart as I was typing on the keyboard. One of the lenses fell to the floor. Fortunately, it was a plastic lens so it is still unbroken. I couldn’t do any more work because I need the glasses to read up close. I am fine with roadside billboards. This all meant that I had to leave work early since I couldn’t see and I had to give up a couple of hours of billable time today.

I have a spare set of glasses so I can work tomorrow just fine. I plan to stop by Lenscrafters on Saturday morning and see if they can fix my frames.

Now, I suppose there are benefits from not being able to see everything. I jut haven’t seen too many benefits.

Days
It was Day 12 today and no ice cream freezer chest action.

Courtyard Observations
Sometimes, I just should just not look out in the courtyard. Today was one of those days.

I happened to look out in the building courtyard this morning while I was waiting for a document to print. What else was I going to do? I could have watched the paper go through the printer but that was not part of my plans at all.

I glanced out in the courtyard and saw this one Asian woman get up from the bench outside of my office after her mid-morning cigarette. She has always impressed me as having her act together and being prepared. She usually wears suits to work.

Another plus, she is older than most of the other single Asian women. I think this plus is cancelled out by her smoking, maybe not.

Anyway.

She was walking away from the bench when she stopped and tugged at her butt like her thong was riding up and was becoming very uncomfortable. Then, she walked into the building I guess after fixing things as it were.

All of her sophistication went down the drain in an instant.

All of her simple, “I don’t what others think” went way up for me. Now, if she happened to like Utah [American] football, hot dogs and cold beer, and NASCAR, well, then we would have something wouldn’t we.

The G-Man
I called the G-Man, one of my coworkers from the bank. He had been on vacation and I was curious to see if my old boss was still with the bank. Yes, he is.

I was telling the G-Man about the job offer that I turned down at the finance company that finances esthetic plastic surgical procedures, boob jobs. He found the idea of this type of lending to be hilarious. I could see how one might find some humor in this lending work.

It was good to talk to him. I see that not too much has changed at the bank. I still think it is being cleaned up and primed for a sale maybe next year.

Market
I did some marketing tonight. I was not my usual shopping trip; just buy enough food to hold me over until the weekend. The market was not that crowded and I did not see anyone who appeared to be interesting to me. Maybe I will do better on the weekend.

That was my day gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home