Thursday, January 12, 2006

Cosmetics Classes

Programming Note
The regularly scheduled and large Weekend Update will not be out until January 16th. Monday is a holiday in the United States. This extends my weekend, always a wonderful event, so the Update must be extended as well.

Cosmetics Class
One of the cosmetics companies in the building had a training class today. For a moment, I thought I was at some hospital with all of the people walking around in long white laboratory coats.

I am highly confident that I would not want to talk to the females with tats for any sort of beauty advice. How can you accept that person’s opinion on beauty when she has a tribal design tat the wraps around her ear and disappears below her collar?

Before everyone tells me beauty is in the eye of the beholder; just let me state for the record that it was my eye that was doing the beholding.

I did see some very attractive Asian cosmetics company employees in their white lab coats and black clothes so i know what to look for.

I did help one of them who got lost in the building. She was short and with her high heels, she barely reached my shoulder. She looked very professional and all of that stuff. After I gave her the directions, she flashed me a big smile and a warm "Thank you." As she walked away, I noticed she was wearing the most intriguing fishnet stockings.

I would have liked to know her better.

Most Western cultures do not embrace tats for their females.

The same seems to be true in Asian cultures, especially in China, Japan, and Korea. I don’t feel comfortable speaking for other Asian cultures.

So what is the point of the tats? Besides the needle’s business end.

I guess it must be a need to rebel against the norms of society and parental authority.

Personally, I could think of a lot of less permanent ways to show your personal rebellions. You could color your hair; it can always be changed. You could cut your hair short or shave your head; your hair will grow out. Eventually. You could adopt views that are opposite of your close friends and parents.

I think I have made my point here and therefore I will move on.

Weekend Cinema
I spoke with the Big Guy today about the weekend cinema.

I told him that I planned to see MATCH POINT and MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA for certain. Doug said those were good choices since I had seen everything else.

He did suggest HOSTEL but I said that was just a whole lot to violent for me.

I may try to slip in THE WHITE COUNTESS if all goes well with the schedules. If I miss the film in the cinema, I can always wait until it is out on DVD and purchase it then.

Have a wonderful weekend gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home