Thursday, May 11, 2006

Weekend Update and Modest Milestone

Weekend Update and Modest Milestone
In addition to this being the regular Weekend Update edition of the blog, this blog is also a modest milestone of sorts. It is my 300th blog posting. I had sort of hoped that I could have done a bigger celebration for the milestone.

But, you know with my on-going frustration with my inability to post more photos and how that has become an almost obsession with me, I just ran out of time to create something exciting.

Alright gentle readers, celebrate appropriately amongst yourselves. No drinking and driving and remember to buckle up.

This is going to be a low level activity weekend for me.
I am doing some laundry and a little cleaning over the weekend. If I do a little cleaning work each weekend, I ought to be able to keep the place looking really nice.

On the other hand, why do the cleaning since I am the only one here?

The dissertation is the big event of the weekend. I hope to be able to write between 15 and 20 pages this weekend.

I think I will kick off the bar-be-que season on Saturday. I will fire up the old grill and toss on some steaks and some chicken pieces. I will cook up a week’s worth of meals in one sitting; all that I will have to do for my subsequent dinners is to microwave a potato and make a salad. Then, I am done.

If all goes really well, I may go to the movies although I haven’t an idea of what to watch. I suppose I could phone Doug and ask for his advice. The Younger [and only] Brother highly recommend UNITED 93 when he saw it on the opening weekend.

Not a very exciting weekend is it now gentle readers.

My Frustration de Jour
Doug called me this afternoon to let me know he would be sending me a copy of his SOUTH PARK film term paper. I said that I would give it a quick turnaround and get it back to him as soon as I could. This should be an easy read since it is only five pages all of which are doubled spaced and it is based on an outline that I liked in terms of its structure and his professor liked in term of structure and content.

We got to talking about my frustration de jour. Doug came up with an idea that seems to explain some of the trouble in a logical and, therefore, plausibly deniable manner. Doug wondered if there was a problem with my file size. He thought that maybe my photo files were too large.

It did make a lot of sense to me. I said I would try to resize the images that I wanted to upload into a small version and then see if I could successfully upload the photos. I can always return the photos to their original image size later on.

Doug's suggestion worked. This is a photo of the Prelude, my favorite car to drive and the one that Doug learned to drive in.



This is Prelude's odometer turning over to 333,333.3 miles on Saturday on my way to the Chuckay Dinner at Morton's.



My weekend just got so much better for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home