Thursday, May 04, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
This is mostly a short, weekend preview edition because I had a slow and uneventful day today.

I saw the B-17 again this morning. It made me feel good to see it flying.

On Monday, many immigrants, legal and illegal, were protesting American immigration laws and organizing boycotts against American business interests. I am boycotting any celebration on May 5th.

The only reason the Mexicans were able to kick French out of their country was because the Americans told the French of leave or face a war with the United States. With over a million men under arms in the Union army and with five years of hard campaigning from the Civil War and a larger navy, the French turned and ran back to Paris.

Saturday is the big Chuckay Event, the traditional Morton’s with Doug. In the past, we have usually held it in July when the Princess comes out to California for her vacation. Since her mother and Doug are visiting her in Atlanta this Summer, her travel plans to the Coast are still up in the air.

Doug and I decided to go ahead with the dinner. After all, we had two very good reasons; Chuckay and Doug made the Dean’s List again for the Fall 2005 semester. Doug also pointed out that we can always go to Morton’s again if the Princess comes out to the Coast; there are no bad times to go to Morton’s.

Going to Morton’s means I will have to miss my new Japanese historical serial on the tube. Since it is only at episode 10 or 12, I think I can pick it up easily enough. These programs tend to move slowly. I will be able to survive the loss of the program.

Doug says I should get a DVR so I would not have to worry about missing the program. I am uncertain if I want to do that because once you start recording programs, you have to find time to watch the recorded shows. Time is limited on the weekends for me.

I have a meeting at school for the installation of the campus business school's honor society on Sunday. Your humble scribe had good enough grades to get invited to be one of the original members.

Some things never cease to amaze me.

I will also be writing this weekend. I hope to get maybe fifteen or twenty pages in the file by the time I hit the Save button for the last time on Sunday night.

I found a great job for Sharon today. It is perfect for her and her skills and experience. It is also perfect because it is a ten minute drive from her house to the office. Sharon was excited about the job when I called her.

It felt good to be Nice Guy Chuck.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home