Monday, May 08, 2006

New Feature

New Feature
The blog has a new feature that I have tentatively tilted BABE OF THE MOMENT. I got the idea from Doug’s blog’s where he features the Babe of the Week. I think I went with a longer duration because I am more mature; he also gets more visitors in a day than I will get in a month.

This new feature is found at the very bottom of the blog page. I thought I had lost the sidebar section and asked Doug to help me find it so you will have to scroll down a whole bunch of space. Doug said it has to do with the blog template and monitor screen size; he has a wide screen monitor and Dad does not.

The first BABE OF THE MOMENT is Sharon Tay. As you can see, Sharon is Asian-American. I’m not sure why I picked her as the first; it just seemed like a good choice. After all, someone has to be first so why not Sharon.

I first saw Sharon when she was an assignment reporter for a local television station’s news program in Los Angeles. She was standing across the street from the building where my office was located. I think she was taping the closing to a story she had made in the office building. It was a warmish day in Southern California and I remember her as being uncomfortable in the sun. Her hair was probably wilting.

Sharon moved on from being an assignment reporter to being the co-host of the station’s early morning news – conversation – traffic – weather news broadcast. It was on from 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM, Monday through Friday. She must have had a rather hellish life, probably getting up at 3:00 AM to get to the station in time for makeup and preparation time.

I woke up early just so I could see her. Of course, I also had time to plan my drive to work and avoid the really bad traffic spots. I can still remember watching the initial September 11th news coverage with her doing the hosting. I was very impressed with her ability to remain in control and report in a calm, professional, and deliberate manner.

A couple of years ago, she left Los Angeles to host a weekend entertainment program for MSNCB in New York. For some reason, MSNBC added a New York blonde to the program and that lost me. I think it also lost the viewers because I have not seen her on the MSNBC channel in a couple of months, maybe even longer.

The photo came from her official web site, www.sharontay.com. There are more photos there for those of you who need to have more Sharon Tay to view.

Prelude
As many of you know, I love to drive my 1989 Honda Prelude. I was going to put up a photo of the Prelude here along with a photo of the odometer. As you can see, I had no success; I even asked the Big Guy for some help and Doug came up with out any success either. My problem is probably in a setup somewhere.

I did go through the photo upload process at blogger and then the photos seemed to disappear

I thought you would like to see what it looks like. The photo was taken on this past Sunday, after the Chuckay Dinner at Morton’s. Normally, I would have had the car washed for a dinner at Morton’s; but, since I was going alone, there was no reason to wash it. I know how nice it looks when it is clean.

That is my odometer on the Prelude. The car hit 333,333.3 miles or 536,448 kilometers on Saturday as I was driving to Morton’s. Somehow, 536,448 kilometers is not very exciting sounding.

Clarification
My friend Sharon that I have written about often in these blogs is not Sharon Tay. I don’t want to confuse or mislead anyone now.


That was my uneventful day gentle readers. I hope you enjoy the occasional use of photos in the blog.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home