Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend Update Part Two

Student Mixer
The mixer for the business and education doctoral students was sort of a bust. There were less than a dozen students there when I was at the mixer. There were only two faculty members present; one was the school president and the other was a student intern who helped organize the event. I would have expected one or more of the deans to be present.

The business students, having learned about hostile takeovers, were all clustered around the food and the drinks. We knew where the better assets were and took steps to acquire them quickly. The education students were all seated in a group at the classroom’s student tables, calmly discussing the foods offerings for all I know. Maybe they were casting doubts on the character of the business students for seizing the space around the food and drinks.

There were no interesting, single females present. I think I only saw one, single, female student there and she did not interest me. I did get introduced to her and I promptly forgot her name. She was on the untall [really short] side and had an abrasive, nasally voice like she was from New York City.

She was not for me.

Albertacos – a Chuckay Event
Doug and I went to Albertacos for dinner after the mixer.

Burp.

It was a wonderful meal, so fully satisfying and filling. We enjoyed ourselves as we always do. Albertacos was empty when we arrived which was unusually for us. Neither one of us could remember when Albertacos was empty when we walked in for a meal.

On the big plus side, there was not much of a wait before our dinners were ready to eat.

We did take some photos since this was a Chuckay Event. I remembered that I was wearing the same shirt that I wore when we went to Albertacos in Douguary. I guess that was an accidental coincidence since the events were three months apart. I also wear the shirt to work sometimes and to other events as well.

Next weekend will be the main Chuckay Event, our dinner at Morton’s. It looks like it will just be Doug and me at Morton’s and that is fine with us. We did ask for Amy to be our server; that is somewhat problematical since we won’t know if she can be our server until we arrive for dinner.

Neither one of us can remember the name of the server who filled in for us at the Douguary Dinner.

Day without Immigrants
Today was the day that immigrants were supposed to stay home and boycott working.

Some areas in Southern California had tremendous traffic improvement today.

My drive to work was about the same. There are not very many illegal immigrants working at major defense contractors like Aerospace Corporation, Boeing, Northup Grumman, and Raytheon; American citizenship is required to work there plus a security clearance even to be a janitor. We had the usual traffic going to work with the defense contractor employees

Then to, I also drive past the Los Angeles Air Force Station. The Air Police were out in their cammies this morning. I have trouble taking Air Force people seriously when they put on the cammies; a Marine or soldier I can easily accept. I don’t think too many immigrants are serving at the Air Force station, but some could be legal immigrants. I think most of those were at work like normal today; no one wants to upset the First Sergeant by taking a Monday off to protest something.

I don’t know if the workers in the building sandwich shop are immigrants or not but they were at work, just like usual today. I was able to pick up my hot cup of decaffeinated coffee this morning, just as always.

Shorty Shorts
Doug is a big fan of shorty shorts.

This was one of our discussion topics at dinner last night. He convinced me to become a fan of shorty shorts. Living at the beach and near the ocean as I do, this made all the more sense and logic to me.

Those of you who are regular Skeet Shooters will understand.

This morning, I saw some very evil shorty shorts on a young coz student. It was another cosmetics class day; I think they were teaching at Clinique and Este Lauder today.

She was in all black; that seems to be the required dress color. I suppose that it makes sense at some level in the organization. It certainly makes it easy to decide what to wear to work in the morning.

The young lady was wearing black lace tights under her shorty shorts. That look was just pure and simple evil.

I wanted to go out and shake some sense into her and make her see the error of her ways. But, since I was right in the middle of revising a 13 page Excel spreadsheet, I decided that my time was better spent at concluding the project revisions. I still wonder what possessed her to dress with such little regard for the young men who might see her.

Maybe tomorrow will be better for watching and working on Excel spreadsheets.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home