Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Just Odds and Ends

Police Raid
I happened to see a police raid in progress on my way into work this morning. It was sort of like the ones you see on the police television shows except no one looked like a Hollywood star; they all looked gritty and professional.

I can’t say much for their uniforms. They were all wearing black and they were all carrying their pistols in their hands. I think there were close to twenty officers so they must have been anticipating a busy or risky morning.

In the end, it must have been either a failed as a raid or the criminals that were caught were not very significant. There was no local television news coverage this evening.

Maybe our local criminals were not that newsworthy; one city had a twenty year police detective arrested for child molestation. That story made the news broadcast.

Revolving Doors
The building where I work has a revolving door in the entrance. It also has a hand pull door on each side of the revolving door. There are lots of ways to enter the building. One of the hand pull doors has an automatic opener that doubles as handicap access.

So, my question of the day is this.

Why do the young women seem to want to double up in the revolving door?

There are no apparent reasons to do this. There are no Siberian wolves chasing after them. Yes, it does rain here but there was only a lot of clouds overhead today.
Maybe the second person is lazy and doesn’t want to push on the revolving door or doesn’t want to pull on the door handles. Maybe the second person doesn’t want to get any cooties from touching the door handles or door push bars. Maybe they are practicing to enter a conga line dance contest after work and this would be a great way to practice keeping in step while close together. Maybe this is something that Easterners do.

I just wish I knew why; I do know that it looks really odd.

Rainbow Hair
Speaking of odd, I noticed that more and more of the female cosmetics students are wearing their hair with multiple color slashes in it.

I noticed one Asian American coz student this morning. She had, as you would expect, naturally very dark hair. But what I did not follow was why she had splotches of red and a whitish blonde throughout her hair. I couldn’t see any apparent pattern. I assume there was a reason for coloring her hair like that.

It got me wondering what her parents or her grandparents said when they saw it. I don’t think I would be excited if the Princess colored her hair like that.

I can remember one time when Doug wanted to dye his hair blue. His mother and I were immediately unanimous with our “No’s.”

Job Searching & Interviewing
I had a telephone job interview today. It was for a senior vice president of sales and service at a very large Southern California credit union.

I think I made it to the semi-finals of the interview process with the telephone call today. The credit union will sift through the semi-finalist telephone interview candidates over the next week or so. Then, they will invite the finalists in for an in-person interview. I think I did well on answering their questions; but, of course, you never know for certain until they invite you back.

The one of the pluses for the job is that it is a very large credit union so it can pay a decent wage and provide decent benefits for the staff. Since it is large, it has plenty of skill players on the management team bench. I would not have to be filling in for a gap in the roster and playing out of my normal spot in the rotation.

My drive to work would be on the longish side at around 75 miles / 120 kilometers, one way to work. That is long by any measure, especially with gasoline at about $3.30 a gallon / $1.00 a liter almost. I have checked out what the traffic would be like and it seems that it would all be light to moderate in both directions.

The only downside is that the job is located in the 909. If you are a fan of “The O.C.” and The Killer B’s, you will know that the 909 is not cool when you are in South O.C.


That was my day gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home