Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lisa the Matchmaker

Lisa the Matchmaker
For those of you who are new to Balancing Checkbooks, Lisa the Matchmaker is a co-worker from the bank where I used to work. I used an office in her department for eighteen months.

That was great for me.

Lisa has decided that I should no longer be single and has become a matchmaker of sorts. She introduced me to Nurse Beth and some of you may remember how much of a train wreck that introduction was. I prefer to not go there anymore.

About a month ago, Lisa asked me if I would be willing to try the matchmaking game again. I said sure; what did I have to lose?

Lisa said that her friend Liz was a much better choice for me. She said that Liz actually had a cell phone, email, and an Internet connection; all things that Nurse Beth did not possess. Lisa also said that she met Liz through work and not in a surgical recovery room so the aftereffects of surgery did not cloud her judgment.

I forwarded Lisa a recent photo of me and my Essentials of Charles Reinhardt with the idea that Lisa could forward these on to Liz.

Well, it had been a month since I sent the information and photo to Lisa so I sent her an email on Monday. I was looking for some new information and wanted to know if anything was going to develop. The theater season will be starting soon and I wanted to have an idea if Liz had any interest in me so that I might include Liz in some of my plans or not.

I guess Lisa forwarded my email to Liz because I got an email from her yesterday that said, “I’m leaving work now and I’ll call you when I get home,” or words to that affect. This was some movement and that was desirable; I might even have resolution.

Anyway.

Liz called me last night after she got home from her job. We talked for about forty minutes or so. She is from New York City or the surrounding area and she works for a film studio. The conversation sort of went in a circular direction with little movement beyond the exchange of minor information.

I decided to force the issue and bring some closure to the conversation. I asked Liz when was I going to meet her? Liz said that she was busy for the next two weekends but could slide me into her schedule in the third weekend. That will work for me and she even agreed to drive more than half way towards me; saving gas is always cool.

If things come to pass, we ought to meet on the morning of October 7th for coffee and if things go well maybe an extension into lunch.

I think Liz likes to be in control of things and have a great deal of order in her life. I think this is workable for me. Of course, control can become a divisive issue if one is not careful.

Doug
Doug called to say hello and ask, “What’s up?”

We hadn’t talked in about a week and a half. He has been busy with school, his friends, his blogs, and whatnot.

I mentioned that my new potential female partner, Liz, worked for a movie studio. Doug was very excited about that and wanted to know which one. I told him the studio. He seemed impressed. He said he may have a script for me to pass on to Liz.

I said that I was going to be out in his neck of what passes for woods locally next Saturday. I have to go to the Laguna Surf and Sand store to get some new Lakai skate board shoes and asked if he wanted to be part of the trip. He was unsure and said he would get back to me on that before the end of the week.

Full and Fair Disclosure
I’m not a skate boarder. I just happen to like the Lakai skate board shoes because they are unobtrusive and not showy plus the laces are a reasonable length. They are also comfortable and durable. These shoes are probably four or more years old now so I got my moneys worth with them.

Woman of the Moment
Another day and more Yukie Nakama photos.




Be well and be happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home