Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rethinking Things

Rethinking Things
I’m not certain that placing the Woman of the Moment section right next to a section about the Princess was the best possible placement location. As I think about the placement some more, I know now that I should have moved them.

Oh well, life happens and I can’t do much about the past now.

Just go forward and do things better in the future I guess.

Woman of the Moment
These photos came from the Internet.

I am developing a fondness for models in vinyl clothing. [Scroll down to the Weekend Bonus Feature.] Sunisa Kim is like sort of like Choo Mi-young except that their hair is colored differently and Sunisa has a tan and Mi-young is pale.





I know that four photos is more than I usually post. I added two extras since they went together with the thought. I wonder if I could get a job of polishing her clothing with ArmorAll?

Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable is becoming a monopoly in Southern California. They bought the old Adelphia Cable out of bankruptcy proceedings earlier this year.

TWC doesn’t strike me as having the sharpest tools in the shed working for them. In the first month of service, I had to make four calls about poor or no service. That was hardly a noteworthy start of the new and better TWC service was it now?

Now, it is time for channel reorganization so that all of the offerings are shown on the same channel across the network. I think this is a good idea. I got a fat envelope from TWC today. It was all about the new changes and stuff that are coming.

I opened it up and found the channel guide was for Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach; there was no mention of Redondo Beach where I live. I think the channel guide applies to my town. I could call customer service and ask them to send me Redondo Beach guide. They would say to download it; I could reply that I don’t have any Internet service but that would only open a floodgate of calls about their high speed Internet service.

I just know I’m going to get telemarketing calls from them for their cable phone service. I plan to keep my copper wire phone service. If the power goes out, so does your cable phone. If you live in earthquake country and almost on top of a major fault line as I do, good reliable phone service is important to me.

Naturally, the new pricing structure is a complete mystery to me. I know what I was paying a month on my old plan. I have no idea what I’ll be paying with the new plan or what I’ll be getting next month when the switch takes place.

The new program guide has a lot of colors in it to identify the various service levels and channels. It uses three shades of grey for example. This is fine in theory except it sucks in practice because printing colors will inevitably produce color changes and therefore confusion. I think they could have gone with some symbols like the ones you find on your computer keyboard above the row of numbers. That would have required fewer confusing colors.

But wait; let’s not do anything that resembles taking care of the customer. That might cost money.

I’ll be sure to let you know how this will all play out.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home