Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Leftovers

Weekend Leftovers


The bad University of Utah football team showed up in Laramie on Saturday and suffered a humiliating loss, 31-15, to the University of Wyoming Cowboys. It was the first loss in Laramie since 1999. That was really bad. Our Utes are now 4-3 for the season and 2-1 for the conference.

I’m not certain if the Cowboys were than much better than the Utes or if the Utes played really badly. Utah had less than 200 yards of total offense for the entire game. They had more than enough turnovers and interceptions to last for the rest of the season.

This Saturday, Utah plays the University of New Mexico 3-4 on the road.

At this point, I don’t know which Utah team will show up for the game; the good one or the bad one. I think the Utes have a good chance to end with a winning season. I wouldn’t want to put any money on whether they get a post season bowl invitation or not.

El Gringo
I went to El Gringo on Saturday for lunch because I was having lunch with Vivian on Sunday. The late lunch meal also held me for the night when I went to the theater. I had two beef tacos, rice, and beans for lunch. It was a tasty filling meal for me.


The server remembered me from the week before. She was busy so I didn’t have a chance to ask what her name is. Maybe I will remember for next weekend.

Norton Utilities
I run Norton Utilities on my laptop just to make things go smoothly. I’ve scheduled the Norton One Button Clean Up program to run every Friday morning.

On Friday, I noticed that I had 338 errors in the Short Cut function test.

That’s scary to me.

How could my laptop develop 338 errors in the Short Cut function in only a week; especially since I had run the One Button Clean Up fix program last Friday?

Either my laptop is possessed or the program is a piece of crap and doesn’t fix anything when you push the “fix” button when it finishes its search for errors or maybe it’s all just a big pile of smoke and mirrors that are designed to make consumers like you and me happy and feel good.

Maybe there is another perfectly logical explanation that is currently eluding me right now.

Woman of the Moment
Mercedes Terrell lives behind the Orange Curtain out in North Orange County. Doug says that she lives in the 714 part of Orange County and that is not as cool as the 949 part. I can accept a 714 woman; she could drive me to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers for a Mega Combo meal or to Albertacos for a Number 8 meal any day.



Theater
I went to see the play “Proof” on Saturday night. It won a Tony award for best drama when it played on Broadway. The film PROOF is based on the play.

I didn’t see PROOF when it played in the local cinema a year or so ago. Maybe it was just well. I think I would have liked the play better had I seen both versions. The play has a small cast of four actors and a limited set. This makes the play more interesting and it is easier to understand the characters better.

I gave my friend Sharon tickets to go see the play. I think she will enjoy it. I did call her on Sunday to let her know the play does have a lot of adult language in it and this may bother her. At least, I warned her so I did my part.

Vivian and I talked about the theater on Sunday. She went to see a preview performance of Carrie Fisher’s one woman show. Vivian said that she really enjoyed the play and encouraged me to go see it. Vivian said that Carrie Fisher talked about her life and her ups and downs and even talks about her Princess Leia hairstyle.

Maybe I will go see it.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home