Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend Update - October 15th

Fiery Red Hair
I think Vivian’s hair turned out a little less than fiery she led me to believe it was. Of course, it may have faded after a week of washings. The photo doesn’t do a very good job of catching the color. My limited photography skills could have been a factor as well.


All in all, I do like Vivian and I enjoy her company immensely.

The Princess would say that Dad’s being honest because he shared the dessert with her and he only does that with people he really likes, like me for example.

We had a two hour lunch at L.A. Food Show today.

We talked a lot obviously and we also ate. This was my main meal of the day.

We had to start off with the Avocado Bacon Chicken Cheese egg rolls. They were perfect again. This was a silent part of lunch because we were more interested in the egg rolls than we were in conversation.


Vivian suggested I try the Poke Martini which is not a drink; it is served in a martini glass. It is a mixture of ahi sashimi [raw ahi tuna], shrimp, avocado, sesame seeds, diced tomatos, and finely shredded lettuce served with a poke sauce of soy, honey, sesame oil and something else.


It was yummy.

I had a Show Burger for lunch. It was your basic half pound / quarter kilo burger with Swiss cheese, tomato, onions, pickles, lettuce on a bun together with some French fries.


Vivian and I both love desserts so we shared the Molten Chocolate Cake. I suggested that we have that. Vivian looked over the other choices and agreed that it was an excellent choice.


As you can see, we did enjoy the cake.


I think we will be back for another lunch at the Show in a month or so. Lunches like these are best had in moderation. I don’t think I could eat here every day unless I took half of my lunch home every day for my dinner.

Sudoku
The local sudoku puzzles have suddenly become more of a challenge this week. I had a gentle rated puzzle this week that featured two completely empty squares. I didn’t consider that one to be gentle at all. There was another puzzle that had an empty center square.

It used to be that there was only one tough rated puzzle each week and it was on Sunday. The newspaper changed the arrangement and is now featuring two tough rated puzzles. Now, the newspaper has two tough rated puzzles each week and this makes doing the puzzles less fun for me.

Woman of the Moment
One of the nice features about the Mercedes Terrell photos is that they include photos of sports cars. Men seem to like hot sports cars almost as much as they like beautiful women.



Mercedes turned 21 this month in case any of you are concerned.

Visitors
Vivian did not stop by this week to flip through the pages for her Man of the Moment with Orlando B. so we had no curious visitors this week.

We did have a good foreign visitor count this week. We had visitors from France, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Japan [3], Thailand, Germany [2], Brazil, Italy, Australia [2], Canada [5], Argentina, Texas [3], Qatar, Ireland, Israel, Austria, Ukraine, New Zealand, and Hungary.

Errata
I had some more stuff that I was going to write about but my lunch is leaving me sort of feeling tired so I will fill that in on Monday.

The Blogger.com photo upload program won't work for me tonight. I will try to upload the photos tomorrow.


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend gentle readers. I did.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home