Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What Did I Do Today?

What Did I Do Today?
What did I do today?

That is an excellent question.

I don’t think one could say that I did a lot today. I did run a few errands. I went by the ATM for some spending money. I picked up some cleaning and shirts at the laundry. I did make it to the Post Office and mailed the coffee beans and tea leaves to the Princess. I was more surprised at how uncrowded the Post Office was this morning.

I got gas for the Prelude this morning. I paid USD$2.57 for a gallon of gasoline at an Exxon Mobil station. I know what I paid isn’t all that much compared to places like Europe where a gallon is about USD$8.00 or so. What did surprise me was the gas at an Exxon Mobil station on the company’s refinery grounds was USD$2.65.

How can you explain the fact that gasoline costs more at the refinery and less at a station two miles / three kilometers away from the refinery?

I’m certain the oil company would have a slick explanation.

Doug will be out on Friday to help me move some stuff. One of the big questions was where do we go for lunch. I managed to figure that out and we ought to be to my favorite Italian delicatessen, Giuliano’s, and pick up some sandwiches for lunch. We haven’t been there in several years now so the time is ripe for another visit.

I spent a couple of hours doing research for the dissertation. Doing research work is like playing a game. You try to think up great short phrases that relate to the topic and then you see if there are any documents that use these words. Sometimes, you get lucky and find 3,000 documents and other times you only find two documents. Just because you find 3,000 documents, that doesn’t mean that all 3,000 will be useful to you. Some are eliminated because they are too old and some are eliminated because they don’t actually relate to what you are searching for.

Last night, my daily Korean drama, “Pure in Heart,” that features Ku Hye sun from last week’s weekend Bonus Feature reached Episode 100. The big event of the episode was the heroine and hero finally kissed each other. At the rate they are progressing, it will be sometime next year before they get engaged and married. I’m assuming that is the end point of the series.

Woman of the Moment
As I mentioned last night, we are down to only bikini photos of the Woman of the Moment. I will toss in an extra photo tonight to make up for the duplicate from yesterday.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home