Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Woman of the Moment

Woman of the Moment
I felt very good about myself today.

I made some decisions about the future Women of the Moments. I decided to stay with sources for Women of the Moment like Speed Options since the women they feature in their model of the month section have a gazillion photos floating around the Internet.

I also decided to stay with foreign actresses since they seem to have lots of photos on the Internet as well. I was looking for the next Weekend Bonus Feature Woman last Sunday. I saw a Japanese actress on a Japanese language broadcast on Saturday and thought I would see what the Internet could produce for me in terms of photos of her. I found lots of photos; I ended up keeping I think just over fifty of them so she will be around for a long time.

The current Woman of the Moment will end on Sunday. I have a new one ready for Monday. I don’t have a lot of photos of her so I plan to run out the year with my favorite photos from other Women of the Moment.

Now would be an excellent time to drop in today’s Woman of the Moment.



El Gringo
I went to El Gringo for dinner tonight.

Valerie the Server was back from taking her final examinations last week. She said she stayed up all night studying for two examinations. I never understood the concept of cramming everything that you should have learned during the course into a few hours just before you take the examination. Valerie said she was really stressed from the examination pressure. That makes sense to me.

Dinner tonight was another grilled, blackened mahi mahi burrito with a side order of guacamole. I made the mistake on having the burrito upside down on my plate so it sort of fell apart while I was eating it. I thought it was very good tonight and enjoyed my meal a great deal.

Helping Students
I was a struggling student once.

I have been willing to help students with their papers and projects. Most of you know about me helping my son with his papers. Doug told me that he got an “A” on one of his papers that I had helped him with.

I am no longer a struggling student; I know where all of the problems and troubles are by now.

My friend Xue sent me an urgent email today. Xue is a Chinese graduate student studying in America. She asked me to review, edit, and revise a paper that she is working for one of her graduate school classes. I should get it after dinner and then I will turn it around before I go to bed and send it back to her.

I sent my new friends Lifang and Xingzhu a CD today of downloaded material for their master’s theses. It was my initial cut at getting information for them. I think most of the 45 MB of data will be useful. I want to gauge the usefulness of the material before I spend a great deal of my time searching for them. If I know what I have found so far is usable, then I ought to be able to generate another 100 MB or more of material for them and improve their chances of getting a high mark on their theses.

As you might imagine, Xue, Lifang, and Xingzhu are not Irish.

ICQ
I noticed the other day that ICQ is getting close to registering its 500 millionth user. I had someone in the 498 million block add me to his or her contact list. I didn’t add the person to my list because he or she didn’t indicate if they spoke English of not. It doesn’t make any sense for me to add someone to my contact list if I will have trouble communicating with them.

When I first signed on with ICQ ten years, I thought my registration number of just under 3,000,000 was about all the people that could ever want to use the program. I am amazed then that there were this many people out there who would want to use the program to chat with other people including complete strangers.

Food for Thought
I have an old graduate school classmate who sends me a daily email with a quote of the day. My classmate and I worked on a group project in a class and both did very well on it. Some of the quote authors are obscure for me. I liked the one for today.

“Courage is being scared to death – and saddling up anyway,” John Wayne.

Cool.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home