Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Anniversary and Milestone or Milestone and Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary and Milestone or Milestone and Happy Anniversary
Which is it?

Today is the second anniversary of the blog. Today is also the 500th blog posting. When I started Balancing Checkbooks, I never imagined that I would still be blogging after two years nor did I anticipate posting this many blogs. I never imagined that the blog would be read by so many people from so many different places either.

I suppose that I could do a retrospective posting of my best blogs but I do not know which ones those were. Plus, I’m uncertain if I want to bring up parts of my past life again like the break up with the last girl friend. [Probably a great idea for me given the amount of drama and tension that surrounded our relationship and her inability to get along with the kids.]

I do not plan to hold a big celebration tonight after I toss this posting up. I have to go teach in the morning. Driving into the rising sun is not my idea of a fun drive and it is close to impossible after a night of celebrating.

I do have a modest celebration in mind. [See Doug, below.]

School
I felt much better today and was not a pile of exhaustion. I finished the homework and in class assignment grading today. I also worked on my lesson plans and got those finished.

I think I will spend some time at school to finish building the online grade books for my classes. I plan to do this on Friday because it works for my schedule best.

Winter Weather of Sorts
We had some Winter Weather today.

It was rain. That’s all, just a little rain. I don’t think we received more than a tenth of an inch / quarter of a centimeter of rain.

This was enough to make the Prelude a little less dirty. It was heavy enough to wash some of the dirt and dust off of the car. That was good because the car looks a little nicer. Tomorrow, the Prelude will end up looking poorly from all of the water and crud that will be picked up and sprayed all over the roads in the morning.

Hollywood in the Hood
Hollywood was in the ‘hood today. I live across the street from a church. That means parking is bad only day a week.

Sweet.

When I went out this morning, I noticed a crew of technicians setting up for a location filming. The crew was dragging electrical cables from the temporary generator to some exterior light banks that were being erected. I hope the filming waits until after the rain has passed.

I am guessing that the filming will take place tomorrow, weather permitting. Parking will be bad I suppose. I wonder why I didn’t receive a notice about the proposed filming. It possibly will interfere with my day unless the crew and cast can use the church parking lot and not spill over onto the streets.

Oh well, time will tell.

Woman of the Moment
Tonight’s Woman of the Moment is Michelle Yeoh. I never knew she was so athletic either. Tomorrow, Gong Li will be the Woman of the Moment.




Doug
Doug came over last night after his classes so he could take advantage of the shorter drive to the studios. He can save about an hour on his drive and he can avoid the nightmares of the 405 non-freeway.

Tonight, I am fixing us an Italian dinner of spaghetti with chunky tomato sauce and a grilled chicken breast. We will have a small antipasto salad along with some garlic bread. I think Doug will either drink Sierra Mist or bottled water; I will have some chilled California sauvignon blanc wine.

Doug decided not to have any fresh grated cheese on his pasta. I grated some Romano and some Parmesan cheese on my pasta and salad. The cheeses were well aged and tasted wonderful.

I will have my blog celebration with my dessert. I am having a slice of chocolate truffle cake and Doug will have a chocolate éclair. Both are from Giuliano’s

I will place some dinner photos in the Weekend Preview blog posting on Friday.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home