Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Doug and the Big Apple

Doug and the Big Apple
Doug called me this morning while I was out picking up McAfee Total Protection 2007. He landed in New York and found his way to the apartment where he will stay.

His flight was satisfactory I guess. He didn’t have anything to say about the flight. He will be back behind the Orange Curtain on Sunday. His best friend will be joining him tomorrow morning or afternoon sometime. Then, they will be out and about in town I expect.

The mattress for the new bed that Doug will sleep on got delivered this morning. It looks like it will be a nice mattress for the bed. Now, all I have to do is buy some sheets for the bed. I can do that in the next couple of days.

McAfee Total Protection 2007
I have been very frustrated with my current versions of Norton Internet Security. The Norton programs have not functioned smoothly and they seem to have the Microsoft disease of instability.

Norton Anti-Virus used to automatically scan the files every day. Now, it scanned the files for a few days in a row and then it stopped functioning until I restarted the laptop again. This was so frustrating and time consuming.

I got an email offer from McAfee today that gave me a better than 40% discount on a wider range of programs than I had from Symantec. That was enough to push me over the top. My next stop was Office Depot.

I got the new software and then I spent the next four hours installing McAfee and ripping out the Norton software.

I am glad this is over now.

Dissertation
I got an email from school yesterday from the Dean of the Doctoral Program. The school has assigned me a new committee chair.

I have had the new chair as an instructor before. I enjoyed his classes and I got along well with him. My program dean thinks we will have a good process to complete the dissertation. I will try to set up a meeting with him in the next week or so after I send him the dissertation prospectus and the Chapter 1.

Woman of the Moment
It’s late for me so I will wrap it up now with Giselle Windecher. This is a good way to end the day and the blog.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home