Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Update - April 29th

Weekend Update
I live across the street from a Jewish temple. This is a statement of geography and nothing more. The temple has an outdoor music program in the Spring and early Summer on Sunday afternoons.

Today was the start of the series. Today’s performers featured electronic music; Doug might like it and he would probably call it electronica . I would call it noise. It is loud enough to disrupt any serious work that I had planned for the day or at least the afternoon. I wonder what the music type will be next week.

I realized as I as driving home from school on Saturday that agreeing to teach this coming Friday night was not a good idea for me. I will be missing one of the last episodes of Stargate SG-1.

What was I thinking when I agreed to teach?

Visitors
We had one visitor who was interested in looking at the photos I guess. This visitor managed to go to fifteen pages in about four minutes. Another visitor was here for fifteen minutes and looked at only two pages. I must have been writing very well on those days or the photos were particularly good.

We had visitors from Korea [3], United Kingdom [12], Japan [3], Texas [5], Malaysia [2], Ireland, Kuwait, Canada [4], Denmark, Hungary, Turkey, Singapore, France [2], Spain, Chile, Viet Nam, Australia [2], Belgium, Norway, and Portugal.

I wonder what I said that was so compelling to bring out all of the United Kingdom visitors.

I do appreciate each of you that took time from your busy schedule to visit Balancing Checkbooks.

Holy Conspiracy Theory, Batman!
I decided to download the latest version of ICQ on Friday. This would be version 6.0. I wasn’t thrilled with the way Version 5.10 was running on the new laptop. I thought it might have something to do with the Windows Vista Operating System.

I clicked on the download button and was switched over to Internet Explorer as a browser to download the new program from CNet.com. I can accept that; some sites are not compatible with the Mozilla Firefox browser that I have gotten used and grown to like and enjoy using.

Internet Explorer would not allow me to download the program,. It was automatically blocked and there was no way around the block. I think there was no way to stop the automatic block.

I just went back to Firefox and downloaded the new version and installed it without much trouble.

Do you suppose Microsoft is using Internet Explorer to damage a competitor?

Conspiracy theorists want to know.

Woman of the Moment
This is the next to last edition with Park Ye-jin as the Woman of the Moment. I like her as an actress so I will be seeing her for another 60 or so episodes in the Korean historical epic drama on television.



I am still deciding on who will be the next Woman of the Moment. About the only thing I have decided is that she will an American actress. That leaves a lot of choices out there.

Sleeping
I have been sleeping well lately. This is a good thing for me. I usually sleep for about seven hours or so; some days a little longer, especially if there is nothing worth watching on television.

The other day, I think it was Thursday, I woke up and I found myself sleeping on my stomach. I do no think I have slept on my stomach in more than forty years. In the Navy, I learned to sleep on my back because that helps prevent you from falling out of your bunk when the ship is rolling around.

Then, when I got married, I learned to sleep on side to cut down on the snoring. My ex-wife said that I snored a lot. I was always asleep at the time so I can’t certain.

Waking up on my stomach was an unusual feeling for me. I could not turn off the alarm with my usual right hand because I was facing the wrong way. I was momentarily confused. That can be scary.

I haven’t slept on my stomach since Thursday as far as I know. I will try to pay attention to what I am doing when I wake up on my stomach.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon phoned me on Friday night.

Sharon wanted to talk to me because it had been a while since we talked before. She was on her way to get her hair cut and have stuff done to it. Sharon said that she would not be able to talk for too long because once she got to the salon, she was going to be busy for three hours.

What takes three hours to have your hair cut and stuff?

Sharon was still bummed out about not being to go to Morton’s with Doug and me for the traditional Chuckay Dinner. Sharon is going to Las Vegas next weekend. She said that she had missed two Morton’s Dinners with us. Actually, it was three but Doug and I are not counting that high.

That was the extent of the conversation; she arrived at the hair salon sooner than she thought she would arrive.

Speed Options Model Gallery
Speed Options has changed their model gallery. Previously, they had only listed the models that were featured in one of the monthly issues. This was good because the models usually had more than fifteen photos to select from for the Woman of the Moment. Fifteen photos is sort of a minimum that I think are necessary to pick from. Some images will not be that interesting or include a larger display of her flesh than I want to have in my blog.

I was at the Speed Options web site on Friday evening, looking for future Women of the Moments. I had time to kill before Stargate SG-1 was on the Sci-Fi Channel.

The magazine is now listing almost any model who wants to submit her photos. Some models are listed with only eight or ten photos; that’s only good for a few days. For example, Cora Linn, one of the first Women of the Moment back in 2006, had eighteen photos on the web site before the change. Now, she has only two photos and those were not her best ones. For those of you who don’t remember Cora or joined the blog after I posted her, I thought I would drop in a couple of my favorite photos of her.





El Gringo
As usual, I went to El Gringo for my late lunch – early dinner today. I had two soft grilled mahi mahi burritos with rice and beans. They were great, well made and not sloppy at all.

Jess the Server was there again today. It was a better than usual day because I was the only one in the place so we could talk more than normal. But, just as soon as she brought my food, in came the other customers and that ended any further plans to talk.

I told Jess that I would see her in two weeks because Doug and I are going to Morton’s for the Chuckay Dinner. Jess said Morton’s was a perfect place to celebrate a birthday; especially if you love beef the way Doug and I do.


That was my weekend gentle readers. I hope your weekend was more exciting than mine.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home