Monday, June 25, 2007

Back to Class and Other Events

Back to Class and Other Events
I did my laundry on Sunday morning. I like to hit the building laundry room on the weekends since I wake up at about my usual time of 5:30 AM. The washers are almost always not in use then so I can get in and out early in the day.

I am bothered by some of my neighbors who like to do their laundry late at night. I have no objection to doing your laundry late at night. It is the opposite of what I do.

What does bother me is some of their late night launderers are incapable of getting their collective sorry asses out of bed in the morning to empty their laundry from the machines. I find this to be a thoughtless lack of consideration and pure ignorance of common courtesy.

I had to unload an overloaded washer when I started my laundry and I left the damp clothes on the laundry room table. They were still there is a damp, moldering pile when I folded up my clean clothes ninety minutes later.

I wonder when the owner of the clothes finally got out of bed and took care of the damp mess.

I like my new flash drive. I finally got it on to my Upper Deck Entertainment leash. I got the leash at Comic Con 2006 in San Diego. I really like the larger in use light than the one on my old flash drive. Of course, my old flash drive was a free one so I can not complain too much about a free flash drive.

I spent a good part of the weekend grading papers for two of my classes. My Strategies for Technology Professionals students all turned in their homework. Actually, not all of the students turned in their assignments; only those students who have been in my classes turned in any homework. This is logical since you have to come to class to turn in homework assignments.

The Introduction to Project Management class is doing better than my other classes with about half of the students turning in homework and course project work on time.

This is the third week of school. It is school policy to automatically drop students if they miss three consecutive classes. I may lose a student in my Monday night class, one student in my Wednesday morning class, and several students in my Wednesday night class.

When I was watching the last episode of Stargate SG-1 on Friday, the Sci-Fi Channel played a promotion for a new Fall series, Flash Gordon. It sort of looked interesting to me up to a point. I suppose that I will watch it when it debuts and decide whether to watch it or not.

I was happy that another Sci-Fi Channel show Eureka is coming back for another season. I liked the show and its characters, all of whom seemed to have several flaws. Hopefully, it will not start until this term is over since I have a Tuesday night class and would be unable to watch the broadcast.

Yes, I know my television viewing troubles would disappear if I purchased a digital video recorder [DVR]. Doug has been urging me to get one for months now. He says it will make my life so much easier.

Woman of the Moment
We will end this blog version with the first Woman of the Moment for the work week, Bipasha Basu.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home