Thursday, June 21, 2007

Weekend Preview - June 21st

Weekend Preview and Happy Summer Solstice
Happy Summer Solstice; Summer started today and that is just great. The high temperature at the beach will be about 80F / 27C with a nice breeze off of the ocean to keep things feeling cool and comfortable.

I was running some errands today and I had on some shorts and a short sleeved shirt. That was excellent.

During my errands today, I stopped at an electronics discount store and picked up a new 2GB flash drive. It’s not one of those flashy drive with a lot of features like fingerprint recognition. It just stores information and is compatible with the Windows Vista operating system.

Of course, if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, it is Happy Winter Solstice and stay warm and dry. Huddle up with a friend.

I need to swing by my local donut store and pick up some donuts for my Friday morning class. I only need to get six; it is cheaper to buy a half dozen than it is to buy five which is all that I would need for the class.

I also need to post the Weekend Bonus Feature in a timely manner. This week will mark the start of a new Weekend Bonus Feature woman; that alone should be reason to stop by and see who she is.

The only scheduled event that I have for the weekend is lunch with Vivian and maybe Lisa as well. This will be on Sunday so I will have to skip out on El Gringo because I will be full of food. We will have lunch at L.A. Food Show. The portions there are always on the larger side; even for Doug and me when we have been hungry.

I know Vivian and I will definitely share an order of Avocado Bacon Cheese Chicken egg rolls and the molten hot chocolate cake for dessert. We do love those selections.

Wednesday Make Up
It looks like I made a minor mistake with image selection for the Wednesday make Up session. I should have chosen them a bit more carefully. I decided to have a replacement session with a different prior Woman of the Moment for those of you that may have been frustrated yesterday.

This is Choo Mi-young, a Korean actress and model




76 emails and Teaching
I had 76 emails in my in-box this morning. That is close to a three day supply of new emails.

The majority of the emails, 42, were from students in my Wednesday evening class. Their exercises for the day were about sending forwarding emails. I had them send me emails so I could see that they were able to accomplish the tasks. I think I went through a quarter of my black ink cartridge printing them out for grading purposes.

My Wednesday classes are becoming better. The morning class is all students I have had in a class before so I know their abilities and weaknesses. Their big trouble is they do not read the textbook ahead of the class session. The class is on Business Law and Regulation so it is difficult to discuss an important Supreme Court case with them.

The evening class is shaping up to be a fun one also. The class roster keeps changing and I hope it stabilizes out now. Since last week, I had six students drop from the class and six were added including one that day. Of the six that were added, only two showed up for class.

Not very promising.

If everyone stays and the ones who did not show up drop, I will have a nice class of around 22 or 23 students; small enough so that I can give them a lot of individualized attention and help. Of course, I may end up with everyone on the roster showing up and then I will have 30 students. With 30 students, the only way some will be able to get the individualized attention is to come in to see me before class. I am happy to come in before class since I am at the school anyway.

I offered to come into school on a Saturday for my Introduction to Project Management so they could have a chance to work with Microsoft Project 2003. There is no scheduled time during the course to go to the computer labs and work with the program.

Then, I realized that we live in Southern California and it is Summer.

It is highly unlikely that I will be able to find a student who wants to give up part of his or her Summer weekend to spend time in a school computer lab, learning a new program. In the end, I will probably stay late one or two nights with a handful of students that want to learn how to use Project.

That will be fine with me.

Woman of the Moment
It looks like this blog has come to an end and I have written myself out of ideas and things to comment on. Bipasha Basu is a very nice way to end the blog and the week.






I will be back on Sunday with the Weekend Update for you.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home