Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend Update - June 24th

Weekend Update – The Agony of the Calf
I woke up this morning at 4:47AM; well before I wanted to even think about waking up. I was woken by an incredible shooting pain from a very nasty cramp in my right calf, just below my knee. I was in such pain that I was crying. It was all I could to stretch my leg and minimize the pain.

Finally, I was able to massage the cramp and the pain eventually went away so that I could get back to what I had planned for a nice, restful, full night’s sleep.

This was definitely not how I wanted to start my weekend.

I had planned to see if Doug was open for lunch on Friday. That fell through because he and his friends decided to go to Las Vegas for the weekend and they were leaving mid-day on Friday. Doug said that he didn’t plan to gamble. He wanted to get away for a few days and hang out with his friends.

Friday was a good day for me with the sudoku puzzle in the local newspaper. It was rated as being a “diabolical” puzzle. I was able to finish it. It did take me longer than usual but that did not bother me because of the degree of difficulty associated with the puzzle.

It looks like the paving project in front of my building is about to come to its final conclusions early next week. The contractors finished paving the street on my side of the road on Friday and they only have a small strip left to finish off on Monday. I am guessing that they will paint the lane marker stripes on Tuesday.

It will be nice to have them gone from in front of the building and the road back to normal.

Speaking or typing of the building, it looks likes there are seven or eight units for sale or rent in the place. That is almost 25% of the building’s total units. I don’t think there have been this many units for sale or rent at the same time in quite a while. Someone was moving out this morning so that means someone will be moving in this afternoon or tomorrow.

Visitors
We had visitors from Canada [5], Czech Republic, Japan, Texas [3], Singapore [2], Iran, Poland, France, Malaysia, Russian Federation, and Ireland.

We also had visitors who stayed around the blog for seventeen minutes, eighteen minutes, and one visitor who stayed for forty eight minutes. I guess that visitor found some photos to enjoy.

I do appreciate all of you who took time to stop by the blog. I know it is Summer and that you have other things to do instead of visit here.

Weekend Bonus Feature
I decided to use one of my favorite actress – models for the Weekend Bonus Feature. Eiko Koike will be the Weekend Bonus Feature for the next eight to ten weeks, depending upon how many images I put up each weekend.


My screen saver has been improved with the addition of the new images that came from her web site. I think I have close to 70 images on the hard drive now. The screensaver features a rotating series of Eiko Koike images.

Excellent.

Last night, I discovered a minor problem with the screen saver program. It no longer shuts itself off after a certain period of time like it did before. I can think of two changes that may have caused this event. First, and the most likely, all of the images that I downloaded on Saturday from her web site are designed to be wall paper so this may have caused the continuous play of her images on the screensaver.

Not an all together bad outcome in my mind.

The second cause could be from the last series of Microsoft downloads and updates. Anything is possible with a Microsoft update.

I resolved the problem by switching the laptop into the “Sleep” mode.

For those of you who want to have your own copies of the Eiko Koike wall paper, you can find them at http://www.eikokoikeonline.com.

Stargate SG-1
Stargate SG-1 ended its final season on television Friday night after ten seasons.

The final episode was sort of a “how of we end the series but still keep out options open to start it over again” show. Only a few of the plotlines were tied up and those were only done as part of a time travel gimmick to keep the principle characters alive.

I will miss the show since it has been part of my Friday nights for years now.

Of course, the show will be in re-runs for an eternity or even longer in television times. I know that I will tune in for some of the re-runs.

I know that one character will be spinning off into the Stargate sequel program, Stargate Atlantis. That means the other characters can appear in the sequel program from time to time as well.

My personal jury is still out on Stargate Atlantis. Maybe, it will return with a verdict soon so I can decide what to watch in the Fall.

Sharon Tay
I caught Sharon Tay as a weekend fill-in news reader for the local network news program on Saturday. She looked very nice and I enjoyed seeing her on the screen for an extended period of time instead of the usual minute or less as a free lance news reporter.

Sharon was dressed conservatively than she did when she was an early morning host – news reader for another local television station. She looked as if she has lost some weight from when she was on the other local television station.

I thought that she looked excellent tonight.

She will be on again at the 11:00PM local newscast.

I don’t think I am willing to stay up that late as much as I like Sharon and as much as I would like to see her. I need a good night’s sleep after that disaster from last night. Plus, I have to get up early and do some laundry as well.

Teaching
My Friday class was interesting.

One of my students said the first week’s class was on the dull side. I asked her if she had read the text before class. She said no. I suggested that the class would be better if she read the text so that we could have a more interesting discussion about the subject. She agreed with me that reading the text in advance of the class would be helpful.

Naturally, no one showed up on time to class. This group of students is incapable of arriving on time to class. I wonder what they will do when they are out in the workforce and have to be at work and ready to go at 8:00AM

Lunch with Vivian
I had a perfect lunch with Vivian today. Of course, we went to the L.A. Food Show because we love the food there.


It is also very convenient for both of us too.

Our meal was predictable for the most part. I ordered some Avocado, Bacon, Cheese and Chicken egg rolls to share and Vivian ordered a Poke Martini to share. A Poke Martini is chunks of sashimi [raw tuna] with cooked shrimp and avocado on a bed of shredded lettuce with a poke sauce and served in a large martini glass.



Yummy.

I wanted something light for lunch so I had a L.A. Food Show Salad Bowl. It has lettuce, obviously, chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, and a dressing of your choice. It is more like a serving bowl than a salad bowl. I passed on the fresh beets in my salad. It is more than a meal and will be the bulk of my dinner tonight. Vivian surprised me by ordering the same salad except that she didn’t want any chicken, bacon, or fresh beets in her salad.


Naturally, we shared our dessert of the Molten Chocolate Cake.




We talked about the Princess’s wedding plans. Vivian knows the Princess and is very happy for her. Vivian thought the idea of not having special bride’s maid dress was really neat and very thoughtful for the Princess.

Somehow, I think Vivian wants to get married but at the same time does not want to get married. It is one of those sitting on the fence all alone decisions that she is wrestling with now.

Vivian must have had a wonderful time at the Cannes Film Festival, based on the photos she shared with me. There seems to have been a lot of partying and having fun going on at the Festival. Vivian is looking forward to going again next year.

It must be nice to be Vivian.

Woman of the Moment
Our Woman of the Moment is still Bipasha Basu. I think I will run out of her images this week. That will be sad because I find her very attractive.




But, do not despair; she will be replaced by a model from Speed Options.com, always an excellent source of Women of the Moment. I have two models to select from and I don’t know which one I will select.


That was my weekend. I hope you had a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home