Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Teaching Is Such A Pain

Teaching Can Be Such A Pain
I had to turn is my course grade books today. It is something that I have to do every term.

This term was my worst term for students who failed my courses. I had six students who failed my courses. Actually, I did not fail the students. The students failed themselves because they did not complete the required assignments. They were given the assignments on the first day of class and I nagged them regularly about turning them in.

The school requires the instructors to contact the students and tell them that they did not pass the course. For the most part, the failure is not a surprise because the students know they didn’t complete the assignments. Still, it is not a pleasant phone call to make.

On a positive note, one student expressed his appreciation in having me call him instead of getting the notice in the mail. He said he was looking forward to taking the class again from me.

That was nice way to end my school work for the day.

Thursday, the school is holding an instructor training day. I plan to attend. I want to ask one of the presenters who I can make my Fundamentals of Tax Preparation course exciting and interesting. I think that will be a challenging question. I get some professional development credit for the day and a free lunch. Lunch will probably be pizza.

I am not that keen on pizza for lunch. I had pizza from California Pizza Kitchen [bar-be-cued chicken] and a salad for dinner on Sunday. I had left over pizza and salad for dinner after I got home from school on Monday.

Doug
Doug stopped by today on his way to a free concert a record store in Hollywood. He gave me the name of the group but I managed to forget it in the few hours since he told me.

Doug said he may hang out with me for a few days.

The beach is a good place to hang out. He likes the walk to the beach and to spend time sitting on the sand and watching the young women in their bikinis while they are still on Summer Vacation.

Summer Vacation should only last another two weeks at most. Then, the beach will be almost empty on week days.

Woman of the Moment
Tonight’s Woman of the Moment is Yoon Hae Young. She is the oldest of the three actresses. In some respects, I think she is the most attractive, well, most attractive in an older sort of way.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home