Thursday, August 16, 2007

Weekend Preview - August 16th

Weekend Preview
I need to finish cleaning the flat this weekend. I ought to have the time since I only have two lesson plans to prepare for classes next week and those classes are on Wednesday so I have a lot of time.

I will be grading papers and projects from my classes so that will take some time.

When I was driving to school on Wednesday, I saw a billboard for an adult entertainment event at the Los Angeles Convention Center. I wondered what that event would be like.

I think I will pass on the event. I missed Comic Con and the annual Anime Expo this year already.

Since I went to El Gringo this week, I think I will pass on going on for my Sunday late lunch or early dinner.

I still have the Weekend Bonus Feature to post and send out a couple of emails before I call it a night tonight.

The Stylist
I went to see The Stylist today. My hair was getting on the shaggy side. When I combed it forward, my hair fell into my eyes. I think that is the longest that it has ever been.

I really, really like The Stylist. I like her work because she makes my hair look so good. It is the best cut I have ever had. I also really, really like it when she massages my neck after she washed my hair.

I also liked and enjoyed the big hug she gave me when I left the salon.

Perfectomundo.

I do not like having a late appointment like 9:45AM; this is the first time slot that is available at the salon. This sucks up close to three or four hours of my time in the morning.

I have never liked to spend a lot of dead time in any circumstances.

Still, I am so very pleased with how my hair turned out. I made my next appointment for late September so I will perfect for the Princess’ wedding in the middle of October.

Doug’s Pizza
Ever since Doug went to New York City, he has had nothing but New York style pizza when he has been up at my place. He likes the thin crust, the cheese, and it is not overloaded with sauce. He says that it just fills you up perfectly.

I like it and enjoyed the one we shared on Wednesday night.

I really prefer the California style pizza with a thicker and chewy crust and the more exotic flavors like Bar Be Cued Chicken or Thai Chicken.

El Gringo
Doug and I went to El Gringo for dinner tonight.

Wednesday was Italian and tonight was Mexican food. I had a No. 2 Combination which is two soft tacos, filled with spicy grilled mahi mahi in my case, rice and refried beans. I washed it all down with an Arnold Palmer [half iced tea and half lemonade]. It was an excellent and filling meal.

Doug had an El Gringo burrito. It is a little on the spicy side and was filled with beef and pork.

Excellent.

We finished off the meal with a swing by the Starbucks drive-in. We both ordered a double chocolate chip iced drink. The drink was a perfect way to end my day.

Woman of the Moment
Time for another themed image of Masami Nagasawa to end the day and the week.






Vivian’s Man of the Moment
Vivian likes the cast of The Entourage. She likes Rhys Corio him although she says he is on the short side for her. Vivian will explain that to me later on in September when we have lunch again.

I had a difficult time finding a decent image of Corio. Google Images was not much help for me. I ended up going to IMDb.com and found this image.

I am absolutely certain Vivian has the most fascinating explanation that will probably bring a great smile to my face when I hear it.




Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home