Thursday, August 23, 2007

Weekend Preview - August 23rd

Weekend Preview
Doug came over to the place on Wednesday night after he went to a comedy club show with his friends. The drive to my house was easier than driving to his mother’s house. I don’t know when he arrived because I got home from school around 11:00 PM and then I went to bed.

We went to lunch today at his favorite local Mexican restaurant, El Burrito Jr. I had a chicken burrito; it was ginormous. I had no room for dinner at all today. Doug had a carnitas [pork] burrito for his lunch.

We agreed that the burritos were more than a meal and that they were freshly made and the meat was very flavorful.

I need to start working on my dissertation again during the two week break between terms.

Of course, there is some more laundry to do. I will leave that for the weekend.

Woman of the Moment
This is the last of Masami Nagasawa as the Woman of the Moment. I had hoped that Speed Options would have a new model of the month, for August, up by now and I had planned to tell you who would be appearing in the Weekend Update on Sunday.

Unfortunately, life happens.

Anyway, we still have Masami to help us end the week. That is not an altogether bad outcome in my mind.





Teaching
Some of my students never cease to amaze me.

I know they are paying around USD$1,500 for each course that they take. To me, that is a fair amount of money to toss away. I have one student who will fail two classes because he has not done any of the required work. One of his explanations was that he didn’t study one weekend because he hung out with his friends from high school and helped them to organize a social club.

I spoke with the student on Wednesday night. He said that he was looking forward to taking the classes again from me.

That was so depressing for me.

I do not know what classes I am scheduled to teach in the next term at school. One of the students in my Wednesday morning class said that, on his schedule, I was teaching an Introduction to Income Tax Preparation course for him.

I guess I should be happy that I am teaching at least one class in the next term.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home