Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weekend Preview - September 13th

Weekend Preview
I have to do some laundry again this weekend. I so do not look forward to laundry and cleaning.

Weekends also mean lesson plans to write and quizzes to design.

Hopefully, I will have some time to relax and rest and enjoy the weekend. I should be able to do this since my lunch plans with my friend Vivian have been pushed back into October.

Painting the Prelude
I had time to think about painting the Prelude as I drove to class yesterday. I’ll more about the drive later on.

Now that the Prelude’s paint is starting to fade from too much sun exposure and crud in the air, I have to think about the possibility of repainting the car. The obvious color choice would be Honda Black, the same as the original paint. Then, it would look like it just came from the factory.

Well, almost like it just came from the factory.

Since the inside trim is mostly a beige color, I can almost select any color and it will look good. Originally, I was thinking about having the Prelude repainted in British Racing Green. That is a dark green color. I’ve always like that color, ever since I had my MGB.

Lately, Wednesday actually, I started thinking about a dark blue color. Dark blue would look good with the interior and black trim. I have never had a blue car before so that would be a change for me.

The whole problem with painting the Prelude is the cost. Once I paint it, then, I have to go ahead with the big repairs like a new transmission and front axles. Of course, I would want to add alloy wheels to make the Prelude look really sharp.

At the end of the day, I am faced with this question.

Does it make much sense to pour USD$7,000 or so into a nineteen year old car?

That’s a difficult question to answer.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment
Today’s Vivian’s Man of the Moment is Jason Mraz. Vivian has had a long time interest in Jason from when he was a local singer in San Diego and Vivian was there for school. As you know, Vivian is very partial to actors and this is logical since she helps finance film productions.




Vivian and I are going to get together for lunch I think in a couple of weeks. We had planned to have lunch this Sunday but she is exhausted from attending the Toronto Film Festival. Then, Doug and I are doing something the following week so I suggested October since Vivian wants to see some wedding photos.

It all works out in the end.

Sharon Tay and 9∙11
Like many Americans, I was shocked and horrified as the television broadcast the attack on New York City that day.

I woke up that morning and was watching the early morning local news show on Channel 5 because it was co-hosted by Sharon Tay, an obviously good decision on my part. When I switched the television on, it was broadcasting a report about a plane flying into the World Trade Center. I saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center as it happened.

Clearly, it was a sobering and transformational moment for our Nation.

The one thing that I can clearly remember was how professional and calm Sharon was during the broadcast. She did not panic or become overly emotional and that was probably a very good thing for her viewers.

I have always respected Sharon for that.

All of which brings me up to Tuesday.

Sharon was providing a new report for the early morning news show from a memorial in Manhattan Beach, the next city over from Redondo Beach. I could have hopped in the Prelude and driven over to see her report live but that would have been stalking on my part.

Woman of the Moment
Here are some more Mary Castor images from her web site. These should be a nice way to start the weekend.




Black and white is nice.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home