Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekend Update - September 9th

Weekend Update
For some reason, I took very ill on Friday. I must have eaten something bad for my breakfast. I ended up vomiting and then I crawled into my bed for a three hour nap. I don’t think I had anything that would upset me because I had the same breakfast today and I had no problems.

I had phone call from my friend Amy when I was taking my nap. She calls me on my AT&T cellular phone line. I have a Nokia cell phone and it is set to vibrate only so I did not hear or feel it. Amy is much better now and recovering from her wisdom teeth surgery.

I sent her a humorous get well card. It should arrive on Monday and make her smile some more.

I will be speaking to Doug this week about going back to Fleming’s for a dinner and a chance to have Amy serve our dinners.

The road out in front of my building is still not finished. I had originally guessed the project would be finished by Labor Day. Labor Day was last Monday and the project is still unfinished.

Maybe it will be finished this week. All that needs to be done is paint the lane stripes.

My local market finished their remodeling project on Friday. I stopped by on Saturday for my weekly trip. I think it will take me another couple of weeks to get fully used to the new lay out.

One new feature that I tried and liked was the in–store Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf setup. I had a large Mocha Mudslide ice coffee drink. It really hit the spot for me.

Sharon Tay
Wouldn’t you just know it that as soon as I said that I hadn’t seen Sharon on the local news programs; she showed up on the early Friday morning local news report

Sharon was reporting from the Los Angeles County Fair during the 6:00 AM segment. That meant she probably was up by and on the road to the Fair by 4:00 AM. The Los Angeles County Fair is the largest county fair in the nation.

Sharon had a feature about lumberjacks and cross cut sawing. I suppose that having two men work a saw to cut a large tree is exciting for some people. I am not one of those people; maybe you need to come from a place like Minnesota or Washington to enjoy log cutting.

Sharon looked particularly attractive this morning since I’m guessing that she had no make-up assistance, not at 6:00 AM and fifty miles from the studio. She was wearing a nice white blazer over a cream knit top. Sharon did an excellent job of completely filling her jeans.

Visitors
We had a slight fall-off in our foreign visitor count this week. We had visitors from Australia [2], Canada [4], Japan, France [2], Singapore, Russia, Spain, Philippines, Ireland, United Kingdom [2], Taiwan, Czech republic, Switzerland, and Texas.

We had few visitors stay around the blog for an extended period of time. I must have either written some brilliant stuff or posted some great images. I’m thinking that it was the images. We had one visitor who stayed for twenty minutes, one for twenty two minutes, and one for twelve minutes.

I do appreciate each of you who took time out of your schedules to visit the blog.

Woman of the Moment
Today is the last set of Han Hyo Joo images. I hope you have enjoyed some of the women from High as the Sky, Wide as the Earth.





Tomorrow, we will have a new Woman of the Moment, Mary Castro. Mary is a model from Speed Options. I think that I have a good, mixed group of photos for you to enjoy.

Utah football
Utah was unsuccessful in Salt Lake City last night, losing to Air Force 20 – 12. Utah had a chance to tie the game in the closing minutes. Air Force stopped Utah twice on the one yard line.

It looks this will be rebuilding year for our Utes. While I don’t like a rebuilding year anymore than any other fan, I know that they are a part of sports teams everywhere. This, too, will pass.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I had a phone call from a recruiter in San Francisco about a local job. The job was chief lending office for a local credit union. It is one that I can handle well. I will have to see how the second phone call with the recruiters goes on Monday.


That was my weekend. I hope you had a good weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home