Friday, October 05, 2007

I Took the Day Off & Weekend Preview - October 5th

I took the day off
I took the day off yesterday because I was still bummed out. I didn’t eat well. It is an odd day for me when I don’t eat well. I think I went to bed around 8:30 PM which is early for me.

Next week ought to be better for me.

Weekend Preview
I guess the biggest event of the weekend will be watching the two concluding episodes of my Korean historical epic drama. That will be nice but I wonder will be broadcast next week in its place.

Then, there is the Japanese high school limited episode series on Sunday night to watch.

The new Ang Lee film, LUST, CAUTION, opens today. I could have rolled down the 405 to Irvine if it was playing there. It turns out I will either have to go to West Los Angeles or Hollywood to see the film. I will have to ask Doug which venue he recommends. Sunday looks like a good day to catch the film.

Bits, Bytes, and Misfiring Synapses
This is one of those odds and ends paragraphs where I do a mental dump. Nothing is really worthy of special mention like Woman of the Moment for example.

I had a comment from a visitor to the blog yesterday. He had read a blog entry from 2005 where I mentioned my friend Shuyen. The commenter wanted to know if my friend had been an art student in Berlin. Unfortunately, Shuyen was a very good business student and not much of an artist.

I was watching my weekly Korean serial on Wednesday. They ran an advertisement from a food supplement company. There are a lot of similar ads on the Korean language television shows. This company was talking about the fact their supplement now had a Kosher certification.

That struck me as unusual. I wondered how Korean-Americans were Jewish. It didn’t seem like there were a lot since not many Koreans are Jewish. According to the CIA World Fact Book, Koreans are Christian 26.3%, Buddhist 22.3%, and no religion 49.3%.

I had to buy a new battery for the Prelude today. I went back to Sears and had them replace the battery. Because the old battery was still under warrant, I saved about 45% of the cost and installation of a new battery.

Sweet.

Today was Fall like at the beach. It wasn’t all that cool or overcast. It was just windy so all I had was bright blue skies overhead. I couldn’t wear short sleeves and be comfortable. I put on my University of South Carolina Gamecocks hooded sweatshirt and was toasty warm. The Gamecocks also did very well in their football game against the University of Kentucky. It looks like the Gamecocks should move up again in the rankings on Monday.

One of the great things about a windy day is our Flag stands out in the breeze. I drove over to my credit union to pick up some cash from the ATM. I went by a McDonald’s restaurant that has three flag poles out in front. They had one of our Flags at the top of each pole.

Perfectomundo.

It also reminded me of when I served on the good ship USS Leonard F. Mason and I was the Officer of the Deck. I always enjoyed looking up at the mast to see the Flag standing straight out in the breeze. The good ship USS Lucid, my other ship, never went fast enough.

The visitor traffic seems to be recovering. The daily totals are a little lower compared to before I made the change to the Woman of the Moment to conserve images. Weekends continue to be the slowest days of the week; that is not a surprise to me.

Woman of the Moment
Time for more Tamao Sato and her bikinis. This is a great way to end the week.






Be well and stay happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home