Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Depressed in Southern California

Depressed in Southern California
You’re wondering how anyone who lives at the beach in Southern California could be depressed. Well, I am.

I am depressed over my Wednesday morning class. Four of the six students failed to show up for class.

How can they fail to come to class?

Are they going to show up late for work when they get out of school? I hope not. I used to solve the problem of not being able to get to work on time by firing the employee and marking them not eligible for rehire on the termination form.

Simple and elegant solution to tardiness; the real benefit was that it improved the attendance of the other employees at no extra cost.

I didn’t feel much like eating my dinner tonight. I ended up with a slice of bread with peanut butter and a half dozen crackers with cheese. Not very much of a meal. I suppose that I may end up with a looser fitting pair of pants tomorrow.

My Korean historical epic drama will end next weekend. On Saturday, the program showed that was Episode 97. I checked the broadcaster’s website and found out the program has only 100 episodes. I guess this weekend’s two episodes will cover an awful lot of ground since he has yet to found his new state.

I went to the market on Tuesday. I had hoped to pick up a Mocha Mudslide from the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf inside of the market. They were still out of the necessary powder for the drink and had no idea when they would get the drink powder in.

Hershey’s Chocolates
I ordered the Princess’ usual Fall order of Hershey miniature candies. It satisfies her sweet tooth plus provides candy for her office. She didn’t want the candy to arrive until after the wedding, logical and reasonable.

I figured ordering the candy on October 2nd would result in the candy being delivered toward the end of the month.

Perfectomundo.

I had an email from Hershey’s when I got home from school today that said the order was in stock and that it was shipped today. I phoned the Princess to warn her that the package was coming and would arrive probably Saturday or Monday.

“Yummy.”

The Princess was happy with the early delivery. She just won’t have any until after the wedding.

Visitors
It seems the visitor count has fallen off dramatically since I adopted the rationing of the Woman of the Moment images.

Oh well, conservation hurts. We will survive this and go forward better for it.



Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home