Tuesday, October 02, 2007

More Leftovers and Other Crumbs on the Table

More leftovers and crumbs on the table
I had the last of the leftovers when I got home from class last night.

I finished off the remains of the Smoke Norwegian Salmon Bruschetta as my late night meal. It was smoked salmon on the toasted bread with cream cheese and fresh cilantro and fresh and sun dried tomatos. I added some capers to the meal. It was a very nice way to end the day.

Still, it was more food than what I could normally eat. I think I will just have some appetizers the next time I go to Fleming’s.

Job Searching
I think I may have mentioned that I am in a job search that is looking for a Chief Credit Officer. If I haven’t, I am in a job search.

I can do the job in my sleep. Maybe I should; it would be easier to do that way.

I called my headhunter [management recruiter] yesterday for an update on where I stand with the search. The headhunter expressed a lot of dissatisfaction with the process and with his contact at the client. He was really frustrated.

The headhunter said he was going to send his contact in the client’s Human Resources department an email that said he would pull all of his clients unless he heard from them within 48 hours.

I thought this brinksmanship style of negotiation went out of favor with John Foster Dulles. This style works only if you hold all of the bargaining chips. We didn’t hold any.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about managing recruiting.

But, it seemed to me this was the wrong approach to take since the company could easily say bye bye and walk away. I decided to share some insights that I had about the company with the headhunter so that he wouldn’t create a cascade failure. After listening to my thoughts, he decided to take a more conciliatory approach with the company.

After my phone call was over, I felt much better. I had done something good.

Woman of the Moment
I will do some more good and cut the blog short. Now is a great time for the Woman of the Moment.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home