Monday, January 07, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

I Spoke Too Soon
I spoke too soon yesterday about the rain.

I got caught in rain as I drove to the local California Pizza Kitchen to pick up a bar-be-cued chicken pizza and a chopped chicken salad for my dinner. I phoned Doug to let him know I was in rain as I waited for my pizza to cook.

The pizza was perfect when I got home. I didn’t have to reheat it while I ate the four sections. I had half of the salad at and I saved the other half of the salad for dinner tonight. Tonight’s dinner was a micro waved meal of spaghetti and meat sauce with vegetables. It was filling and satisfying but not as good as a fresh cooked meal.

I think it rained for most of the night. It was raining when I went to bed at 9:00 PM last night. One of the nice things about in Southern California is clear skies on the day after. I took these photos from my building parking garage. I forgot to check how much rain the area got from the storm. Hopefully, the newspaper will have a full storm rain report tomorrow.


These are the San Gabriel Mountains. They are about fifty to six miles away from my flat.


This is a view of Downtown Los Angeles; it is only twenty five miles away.


This is Saddleback Mountain. Doug lives near here. I think it is close to sixty or sixty five miles away. I took the photos with a Sony DSC-S90 digital camera using automatic settings.

My cousin from Connecticut called me tonight and we talked for almost an hour. It was a catching up with the what has happened to the extended family. Mostly, it was good news and that was nice. Although at my age, there is the likelihood of a death in the family. There was one, another cousin that I was not close to. I had only met her once in my life.

Palm Z22
I finished entering the addresses in the Z22. My cousin gave me a couple of addresses that I had lost. My cousins moved and did not let me know the new addresses. It was good to finish this task.

I am still learning how to use the Z22. It goes beyond what the old Visor was capable of doing for me. Some of the features seems like overkill to me. For example, I don’t need the ability to color code events in a day. I know what they are. I went along with the program and have now color coded my daily events.

I might as well use the color features.

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
I was reading in the financial news feed that Krispy Kreme Doughnuts had fired their CEO who was hired to turn the company around. As you might suspect, the turnaround went nowhere and the stock price dropped faster than a doughnut falling off of a table.

I wonder if my healthy eating program had any adverse affect on Krispy Kreme.

Not my worry.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home