Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I Stayed Awake 'til Midnight

I Stayed Awake ’til Midnight
OK, I stayed awake until midnight last night. Now, what do I do with that?

I almost missed celebrating at midnight. I was deeply engrossed in a book my ex-wife gave me at Christmas. Had I not looked up at the clock on the table at 11:56 PM, I would not have seen the Big Ball drop in New York City’s Times Square.

Fireworks are illegal in Redondo Beach anytime of the year. Some of the braver locals set off some fireworks in my general area. I think I may heard a dozen or so minor explosions and no police sirens.

tI guess the police were checking out the midnight madness donut sale at Winchell’s.

Doug posted his traditional 10 Best Movies of the Year. It is an intriguing list but not an unexpected one from a film studies graduate. It can be found at http://skeetonmischa.tumblr.com if you are interested in viewing the list and reading the commentary that goes onto explain some of his choices. I think it is a very good list

I used to post my Ten Best Films list. I had thought about doing that again this year. Then, I remembered that I didn’t see ten films worth mentioning.

I’m glad I took my walk on the esplanade in my shorts yesterday. Today is on the cooler and overcast side; in preparation, I guess, for the weekend rainstorms.

Visitors
We had 1,005 visitors to the blog in December. This breaks the previous record set in 2005 when a horde of Germans crashed the site over a week long adventure.

A thousand visitors, that is so cool for me. Yes, I know that most of you came here for the images of the Women of the Moments.

Still, I do appreciate your visits.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home