Sunday, January 06, 2008

Staying Dry and Weekend Update - Jaunary 6th

Staying Dry
We had a nice [for Southern California] rainfall on Friday night – Saturday morning. We were supposed to have some rain on Saturday but I either slept through it or it got delayed somewhere along the way. I think the rainfall for the storm, so far through yesterday, has been about 1.60 inches – 4.06 centimeters.

It looks like we may get some rain today. It is cloudy but clouds do not always result in rain. The weather forecast is calling for showers today that may continue into Monday.

Weekend Update
I did my periodic hard drive clean up and back up on Saturday. I think I was able to remove close to a gigabit of data. The data was mostly the Princess’ Wedding photos and Woman of the Moment photos.

Visitors
We had another good week for visitors. I think the blog has developed a following for those who want to see nice photos of Asian models and actresses. I suppose it could be worse for the blog.

We had visitors from Korea [4], Thailand [4], Canada [26], Brazil [4], Turkey, Texas [10], Malaysia [6], Poland [4], Germany [10], United Kingdom [7], Singapore [3], Taiwan, Spain [2], Norway, Russia, Australia [3], Switzerland [2], Finland, Mexico, Iran [2], Venezuela, Kuwait, Sweden [2], Hungary, Netherlands, Austria, Philippines, Bolivia, Japan [3], India [3], Bosnia and Herzegovina, Pakistan, Ireland, Lithuania, Lao Peoples’ Democratic Republic, United Arab Emirates, Palestine Territory – Occupied, Vietnam, France, Hong Kong, Italy [4], and Indonesia.

We had two, first time visitors this week from the Lao Peoples’ Democratic Republic and Palestine Territory – Occupied. I’m guessing the Lao Peoples’ Democratic Republic is what I learned to call Laos when I was in school.

We also had some visitors who stopped by for an extended visit to the blog. They stopped by for 76 minutes, 26 minutes, 21 minutes, two for 16 minutes, 15 minutes, 13 minutes, two for 12 minutes, and 10 minutes.

One of these visitors concentrated on viewing 29 pages of Eiko Koike.

That was an excellent decision on that reader’s part.

Palm Z22
I have been manually entering my addresses and telephone numbers from the old Handspring Visor PDA into the Z22. I have about 100 entries in the Visor. In this manual process, I have also eliminated a number of addresses as no longer necessary for me. I should finish the task by Monday or Tuesday; I only have about twenty or so entries left to make a decision on who to include or not.

I discovered the display screen on the Z22 is smaller than my old Visor’s display. This is the reverse of what has happened with cell phone displays.

The Princess
I had a phone call from the Princess on Friday. She called to thank me for sending her four copies of the wedding photos. The Princess said she might need a couple more copies of the photos.

We got to talking about her upcoming move to Seattle. Since we were expecting a big [for Southern California] rain storm this weekend, I asked her about the rain in Seattle. The Princess surprised me when she said that she had looked at rainfall and Seattle actually has a lower rainfall level than Atlanta.

“Daddy, it’s like the rain in Seattle is a lot of mist and low clouds and stuff that don’t add up to much rainfall in the measuring gauge. Atlanta gets mostly solid rain. Well, mostly solid rain except for this year.”

I was unaware of that.

“Besides Daddy, I can so not do with the 100F – 38C Summers we have in Atlanta.”

Woman of the Moment Encore
So far, the top three Women of the Moment are, in first name alphabetic order, Aiko Tanaka, Eiko Koike, and Sunisa Kim. The only other contender is KT So in a distant fourth place.

Aiko Tanaka













Eiko Koike


















Sunisa Kim


















KT So


















Odds and Ends
Doug and I were talking about when he was planning to come up to my place next week. He said he was planning on getting here in the middle of Wednesday afternoon. I thought that was excellent and suggested we go out for dinner to Kincaid’s Fish & Steak.

Kincaid’s is a favorite of my Brother. I told him that we have gone there a couple of times and had excellent meals. I pointed out that he could have a good fish dinner there since he was not eating red meat right now.

I’m not certain the suggestion of having fish for dinner was really that well received by Doug.

We will snag a meal at El Burrito Jr so that will balance things for Doug.


That was my weekend. I hope your weekend was good for you.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home