Thursday, January 03, 2008

Important Programming Note

Important Programming Note
I have been reviewing the readers exit page history for the last few days. It seems that most of the readers come here for the Woman of the Moment features.

Why does this not surprise me?

I know I said that I was taking the Woman of the Moment feature down last year. There were several good reasons for my decision. I still think that was the correct decision. But, I want to provide what the readers come here for.

I plan to bring back my two or maybe three personal favorite Women of the Moment. I also will bring back the top three reader determined Women of the Moment. I think I can start this project in February since my favorites are already known. My personal two favorites are Cora Linn, the first Woman of the Moment, and Faline Song.

I am going to check the top three exit pages each day from now through the end of the month. The readers’ top three Women of the Moment will be selected based on their exit page rankings. This is simple and fair and, most importantly, easy for me to administer.

Three of the current, popular, past Women of the Moments are, in no particular order, Aiko Tanaka, Eiko Koike, and Sunisa Kim. They all have web sites that you can visit at your leisure. Aiko Tanaka’s is the best of the three. It is current, up to date, with an intriguing blog written by Aiko. Those of you who have come here from the Empire [SkeetonMischa] will recognize the spelling and grammar style.

Eiko Koike’s web site has the most downloadable images in the wallpaper section. She also has placed a large number of Flash images on the site that, regrettably, can not be downloaded. There are some interesting video clips that are well worth the time to wait for the downloads to happen. It is out of date with some of the last entries being for late 2004 or early 2005. This is very understandable since she is a Japanese actress.

Both Aiko and Eiko’s web sites feature a fast download.

Sunisa Kim’s web site takes forever and longer to load and I have a high speed broadband connection. I gave up on waiting at the five minute mark of the opening page download. The site also has an annoying music background that does not engender one to wait for the download to finish. This site is the newest of the three.

Visitors – Part II
I forgot to mention the total blog visitor count for 2007 on Sunday. We had 6,361 visitors to the blog during 2007. This is a nice improvement over what happened in 2006.

Thank you all for stopping bye.

Lunch and Dinner
Today was a day for eating, although at a lower level, which was a nice change of pace from my breakfast today of Rice Krispies with no fresh fruit and low fat milk.

I had lunch with an old co-worker. We talked about the direction our old credit union is currently taking. Many of the decisions the new CEO has made seem to be odd and questionable. Neither one of us understood many of them. We tried to fathom what the final intent is; we didn’t make much progress here.

My lunch was a roast beef sandwich with some French fries. The beef was sliced very thin and served on a roll with some barbeque sauce. It was excellent. I indulged myself with a dish of chocolate ice cream for my dessert.

Dinner, on Thursday, is usually at El Gringo. Tonight was no exception. I had hoped to see Merit the Server; she was not working tonight. The server was new and we had little interaction. I guess Merit is either gone from my El Gringo or still on vacation. I still had a nice dinner.

Oh well, life happens and if Merit is gone, then I am over it.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home