Thursday, December 27, 2007

Getting Ready for New Year's Eve

Getting Ready for New Year’s Eve
I started to get ready for New Year’s Eve today. To be frank, there is not a lot of activity involved with me getting ready for the traditional end of the year celebration.

I don’t think I will be going out this year; I am, as I like to say, between “friends who are women.” Right now, I am not all that comfortable with the term “girl friend.” Of course, having a girlfriend would tend to simplify my life substantially because I would know who I was spending the evening with.

Anyway.

My biggest challenge will be staying up until midnight. I live in a quiet building so it is easy to go to bed early and sleep soundly until morning. I do enjoy those warm, comfortable hours in my bed.

I do need to lay in some food supplies. I expect that I will finish off the leftover turkey by Saturday or maybe it will last until Sunday. I will be going to El Gringo for dinner tonight. Doug indicated that he would come over on the weekend to help me take my Christmas decorations down. We will end up at Giuliano’s for our lunch sandwiches and we may swing bye the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for ice blended drinks to wash the sandwiches down.

For someone who is trying to watch his weight, I am certainly spending a lot of time writing about food and eating.

Does writing about food cause weight gain?

El Gringo
Here I go again, writing about food.

My trip to El Gringo should be good tonight. The college football bowl game will be on television so I will be able to occupy myself while I wait for my meal to be prepared. Then, there is the possibility that Merit the Server will be slinking around the restaurant.

As things turned out, it was a nice meal at El Gringo but no Merit. Since it is the week between Christmas and New Year’s, it is possible that Merit is off on a trip with family or friends or both.

The new server was friendly but she was more interested in talking with her friend about who was doing what with whom right now.

It is times like this that I am sometimes very glad that I have a partial hearing loss in both of my ears.

The Princess’ Wedding Photos
I accomplished my goal of narrowing Doug’s over 900 images into a very modest 326 images of 688 MB. The file fits on one CD with a little room to spare so I can distribute them to the interested parties like the Princess and her mother.

It was easy to cut out some of the images. Doug shot some sequences like a video so there were multiple images where one would be perfect. That was what I did. Of course, there were a couple of images that were blurred and they were easy to drop from the final file version.

I will mail off the copies this weekend. I need to swing buy Office Depot and pick up some CD mailers. I don’t want to spend 25 minutes making each copy only to have it end up damaged from Postal Service mishandling of the mail.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home