Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year
Happy New Year!

I guess that I may be a day late but not a dollar short since many of you will have observed New Year’s Eve already. In fact, you could be sleeping off the night’s excesses. I have slept off the excesses of the night before so I share your pain.

My big effort will be staying awake until midnight tonight. In the recent past, I have usually been in bed and sound asleep by 10:00 PM.

Doug called to check on me and see what I was doing for New Year’s Eve.

Nothing much.

I asked him what he had on the agenda for the night. He said he was going over to June Street. June Street is a code term for his friend Rob’s apartment in Hollywood. Apparently, the boys were gathering this afternoon. Doug ought to have fun tonight.

Odds and Ends
I picked up my Best Buy order. It went very well and I was pleased with the results. I had an email reminder from Best Buy waiting on the laptop when I came home.

Today was lazy day for me. I worked on the daily sudoku puzzle this morning. I felt pleased with myself in finishing in about fifteen minutes. Of course, the puzzle was rated as “gentle.” The Sunday puzzle is rated as “tough.” That one took me about forty minutes to complete.

I took my daily walk on the esplanade. This is a nice, level sidewalk on the cliffs above the beach. It was a perfect day to walk there. I could make the walk in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. I think the visibility was thirty miles or as far away as the horizon was from the cliff height. I walked for about a mile and a half – two and a half kilometers.

The esplanade is Doug’s favorite place to walk. I can understand why. We may take a walk down there next week when Doug is up at my house.

Hopefully, the weather will remain good. The forecast calls for rain from this Thursday through next Monday.

I have to complete a professional self development form for school. I forget to email myself the work papers so I will cruise out to school on Wednesday and email myself the work papers and complete them at home.


I would like to close my last blog for 2007 in the words of Bill S. Preston from BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE.

“Party on most excellent dudes and babes!”

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home