Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekend Update - March 2nd

Weekend Update
I had a comment from a visitor who appreciated some K T So images from a November 2, 2006 posting. He thought the posting was “nice.” It is always heartening to learn your readers appreciate your work.

The Princess and the Golfer arrived in Seattle on Thursday. The Princess said the moving van will arrive on Wednesday, hopefully. The van went by the direct route, across the snow covered Northern states; it took two days to cross North Dakota.

Visitors
February was the second best month for the blog. We had a total of 1,041 visitors to the blog.

We had visitors from Germany [9], Canada [15], Texas [5], Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Australia [4], United Kingdom [6], Belgium [3], Singapore [6], France [10], Austria, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil, Finland [4], Israel, Ireland [2], Poland [2], South Africa, Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Netherlands [2], Mexico [2], Iran [2], Hungary, Spain, and India.

We also had a number of blog readers who stopped and lingered a while. We had one reader who stayed for 29 minutes, one for 21 minutes, one for 17 minutes, two for 14 minutes, two for 12 minutes, and three for 10 minutes.

We had one incredible visitor who stayed for 81 minutes and visited a stunning 198 pages.

That is fantastic.

I do appreciate all of you who take time out of your days to visit the blog; whether it is for two minutes or eighty minutes.

School
Sometimes, I think some of my students are barely awake when they are in class. One student in my Saturday morning writing class is a classic example.

Saturday was the last day of class. I told him that he was in danger of failing because he hadn’t turned some of the weekly assignments. He said he was supposed to graduate this month and that my class was his last course.

I gave him and several other students until Sunday night to turn in their missing assignments. They could email their assignments to me. My email address was the only thing on the white board.

Then, the student asked me what he needed to do because he had lost his assignment sheet in his car somewhere. I gave him a new assignment sheet and marked the ones he needed to complete. Then, he asked if they were all essay assignments.

I said yes; this is, after all, a writing class.

The student called me this morning to get my email address. He had lost my phone number and was calling all Charles F. Reinhardt’s. He had called seven before he found me.

After I gave him my email address again and stayed on the phone while he sent me a test email, I hung up and wondered how he managed to get so far with so little attention to detail. How will he survive in the business world out there if he loses important information? I hope he has an understanding and tolerant boss.

El Gringo
Doug and I went to El Gringo on Thursday night for dinner, as I usually do. Doug had just come up to my house from behind the Orange Curtain so he was ready for dinner. I had hoped that Merit would be working so she could meet the other part of my local family. Unfortunately for me, Merit wasn’t working.

Oh well, her loss I guess.

Doug had a chicken burrito that filled him up. I ordered a Number 2 combination of two chicken tacos, rice, and refried beans. I only managed to eat one taco and some rice and beans. I have been suffering from a low appetite all week long. I think I dropped a pound or two during the week. Maybe next week, I will have a better appetite and can enjoy eating a bit more.

This is one of those consequences of going through chemotherapy.

Doug’s Birthday Dinner at Morton’s
I think I’ll post more about this during the week. In sum, we had a great time.

Woman of the Moment Encore
I decided to keep the Hankook Tire Girls around for this week and shift back to the Encore program next week.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home