Thursday, February 21, 2008

Weekend Preview - February 21st

Weekend Preview
I have a dull and gray and probably wet weekend ahead of me. The forecast is calling for rain over the weekend that will start on Friday night.

Wonderful.

My Saturday class will be a short one since it is the next too last one. I don’t think the students will want the class to drag on. Next week, it will be a simple project turn in. Then, I will have to read all of them.

I went to the clinic this afternoon for my regular blood test. My left arm is looking like I am a junkie with needle tracks all over the arm. Tomorrow, I will go to the clinic for another infusion, number three in a series of six infusions. I will spend several hours in a chair as I get my dressing changed and sit through a two and a half hour drip.

I am hoping that the Baby Blues, Glenda and Jennifer, will be there and that they will change my dressing. I do enjoy it when Jennifer rubs my chest. If I am going to go through chemotherapy, I ought to enjoy myself.

Life is good for me.

I suppose that I will do some cleaning and laundry on Sunday. If I don’t do the work, it won’t get done anytime soon. This is one of the drawbacks of living alone I guess.

Doug and I made our last ice cream run for another week and a half. We went to Ice Pan in Redondo Beach. I had some chocolate ice cream made with whole milk, I need the calories because of the chemotherapy, and I added some chocolate chips to go with it. Doug opted for a sensible choice, banana ice cream made with soy milk. I think I may have exercised some undue influence on him because he had some chocolate ships added to his ice cream.

El Gringo and Merit the Server and Alana the Busser
It’s Thursday so I went to El gringo for my dinner as usual. I am a creature of habit and going to El Gringo is one of mine.

Merit the Server was working tonight and that made dinner all worth while. It is so nice to be greeted with, “Hello Charles, want an Arnold Palmer?” Just like Cheers only nicer servers and bussers. Merit introduced me to the new, for tonight anyway, busser Alana. I didn’t have my camera so I couldn’t take a photo of Alana.

Full and fair disclosure, I never had a photo of Isabel the Busser or any other busser for that matter.

I had a light dinner tonight. I had a late lunch and then I had the trip to the Ice Pan to fill me up. I managed to consume two soft chicken tacos, some chicken, lots of lettuce and tomatos with two kinds of cheese. Almost healthy for me. I also had some chips with salsa.

Merit spent some time talking to me tonight. Traffic in El Gringo was on the slow side, probably because of the intermittent rain tonight. Merit asked me what I did today and I just gave her the best part of the day, aside from seeing her, and that was the run to Ice Pan.

It turns out that this was a good idea on my part because Merit loves ice cream almost as much I as do. I think Merit will be going to the Ice Pan sometime in the next few days. I even think that Alana may go as well. I hope they like their experience at the Ice Pan because Merit said she would be telling me how she liked the Ice Pan next Thursday.

For a moment, I thought that Merit wanted me to stay at El Gringo much longer than usual because she kept forgetting to give me my check for dinner. Eventually, Merit recognized her error and gave me my check.

Faline Song and the Woman of the Moment Encore
I hope Merit doesn’t get too upset about the Woman of the Moment Encore postings. I think it will be acceptable; after all, I am a man and, like many men, I enjoy these images that I downloaded from Faline’s web site.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home