Monday, May 12, 2008

Remains of the Weekend

Remains of the Weekend
I got a phone call from my favorite and only former wife to thank me for her Mother’s day gift. She is a big Los Angeles Angels baseball fan so I got her some custom made M&Ms in red, white, and blue with the Angles logos on the candies and an old fashioned coin operated candy dispenser to hold them.

She really liked them and is planning on taking the dispenser and some of the M&Ms into her work today. I suspect the candy will not last for very long.

I talked to the Associate Dean today to let him know about my cancer progress. He was very pleased with my recovery. I told him that I was tentatively satisfied with my tentative teaching schedule for the next term. He laughed when I told him that I would be firmly happy with my firm teaching schedule.

We talked about classes and schedules and I may get to teach a fifth class next term. It would be an evening class on American Government. It should be an easy course for me and it would be the only one where I would have to create a new lesson.

I should have a firm teaching schedule by the end of the week.

As expected, I received a number of emails with good wishes from family and friends as a result of my cancer treatment success.

The local weather is certainly not cooperating with my plans to go enjoy some ice cream this week. As I told Doug this afternoon, I don’t care to go for ice cream in the middle of May when I have to put on a sweatshirt and a jacket. It will be very warm toward the end of the week but only after I have had my next chemotherapy treatment cycle. I will be back to being highly sensitive to the cold again.

Fortunately, the chemotherapy will not last that much longer and I will be very ready for a mocha ice blended drink from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf when I am off of the treatment cycle.

Tomorrow is errand day for me. I have two doctor’s appointments; one is my family doctor for an annual checkup follow up and the other is with the urologist who placed a stent in urethra in October.

In between the doctors, I am going to see Amber the Stylist for a haircut. I have gone about seven weeks between haircuts and I now starting to get shaggy. I definitely need a nice haircut.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home