Thursday, April 24, 2008

Weekend Thoughts

Weekend Thoughts
I noticed that there are more units for sale in the building. There are seven units out of thirty six apparently for sale. This is up I think from a Winter low of only four. I wonder if these units are unsold ones from last Summer and if there has been a big drop in prices which then translates into value for me.

Hard to tell but I am still ahead of the value game because I have been here for twenty three years now.

I cracked the second carton of ice cream open today. It is a rich vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips and swirls of chocolate in the ice cream. It did have a layer of Dove Chocolate like the other Dove Chocolate Ice Cream.

My friend and former co-worker Lisa got back to me about having lunch. Lisa invited me to have lunch with her at her office. This is a forty five mile / seventy kilometer drive, one way.

While I would love to have lunch with Lisa, the drive was so unappetizing for me. That, plus the rigid time lunch limit, made the idea scream for alternative solutions. I suggested that we have lunch on a Saturday because I teach a class on Saturday mornings. I drive bye a venue with several fast casual restaurants and it is only five miles from her house.

Perfectomundo.

Plus, we will not be bothered in a silly one hour time limit.

Doug called today to check out how the blood test went for me this morning. I told him that I completed the whole process in less than an hour. Doug thought that was epic. I told that I was ready for the infusion tomorrow and I did not foresee any troubles.

We talked about Doug’s website business was going. It looks like he will hit something over 300,000 hits this month and be in bonus territory for the month.

Excellent.

His trip to San Francisco with his friends from film school is still on. He will leave early tomorrow. It ought to be an interesting trip for him.

I had to replace the battery in one of my watches this week. I figured that a watch store was a good place to have the time set on your watch. It turned out the store set my watch to run three minutes slow or late.

I ran out of light blubs in the house this week. I had three blubs fail and that has never happened to me before. I decided to try one of those compact fluorescent lights. I ended up buying the small blubs, 60 watts, because I was uncertain if the 75 or 100 watt blubs would fit in my lamps.

They are working fairly well now. The really nice thing is they are supposed to last for five years and they will save me around USD$38.00 over the five years, maybe more if electricity rates go up. The blub only cost USD$4.00. This is a money maker for me.

Merit and El Gringo
I went to El Gringo for dinner tonight.

Merit was the server of duty and Niki the busser was missing in action tonight. El Gringo was not very busy tonight so I had a better chance to talk with Merit. Merit spent more time talking with me than she is in the last three or four weeks.

I had a chicken burrito for dinner tonight. I had not had one in some time. I surprised myself and Merit when I finished it off tonight. It really tasted great to me. The last three weeks at El Gringo resulted in half of my dinner being taken home for lunch or dinner on Friday.

I made Merit happy when I told her that I did not like the photo that Doug took of us last week. I said that I thought I looked badly because I was only half smiling when I should have been grinning like a proverbial Cheshire cat. Merit smiled and then giggled.

I was glad to be able to make her happy.

Merit bought a cookie for me from her favorite cookie store. It was a shortbread cookie with yellow icing and sprinkles on top. It was like the ones my grandmother made for my brother and me the holidays.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home