Thursday, May 22, 2008

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Some Days Are Better Than Others
Have you ever noticed that some days just turn out to be so much better than other days? I think it can be from the weather or what you are doing or who you are with that particular day.

Today was one of those days for me.

Since today is Thursday, I started my day off with the weekly dressing change at the clinic. I wondered who would end up changing my dressing as I drove to the clinic. I think that almost everyone in the PICC Lines function has changed my dressing by now so I figured it would be someone that I knew.

Everyone knows my favorites to change my dressing are the Baby Blues, Glenda and Jennifer. Glenda was somewhere else and Jennifer had the day off.

Meesung changed my dressing today. I think this was the third or fourth time she has done the change. I particularly like Meesung’s approach to putting the new dressing on; she likes to use as little adhesive as possible which, in turns, makes for less really irritated skin when the dressing will be removed next week.

Perfectomundo for my arm.

It seems that Meesung and I share a couple of common interests. She has read the blog and told Glenda and Jennifer that I wrote about them in the blog. My connection, I wrote the blog.

Meesung and I, and Douglas for that matter, love a really good steak. We both like Morton’s Steakhouse but I like it a little more than she does. Meesung really likes Ruth Chris’ Steakhouse. Doug and I like Rut Chris’. We just like Morton’s more. It turns out that we have even been to the same Morton’s locations, Beverly Hills and Atlanta, but at different times.

There were other great things that happened today in addition to the dressing change.

One of the nurses said, “Give me a hug handsome.” Naturally, I gave her a big hug; how could I deny one of my caregiver's simple requests.

Another nurse said she loved my tie since it was so Summery and colorful. It was a yellow knit tie.

In general, all of the nurses were in a positive and up beat mood. That was probably related to the fact that Monday is a holiday for them.

Life is good for me today.

School
I went to school yesterday for my two classes. They went bye very quickly. One had a final examination and the other was a presentation of the project papers in my Written Analysis course. I was on my way home about two hours earlier than usual.

Ain’t that just grand?

My teaching schedule for the next term was changed to comply with accreditation requirements. Teachers are only allowed to teach in three subject areas and I think I was teaching in four subject areas. I still have my five classes. I still only have one new class to develop lesson plans and lecture notes. I got to drop Microeconomics and I was happy about that.

I told the Associate Dean that I was firmly happy and satisfied with my new firm teaching schedule. That made him laugh because he usually has to deal with teachers who are unhappy with their schedules.

I try to be a team player. Team players tend to get more classes to teach than those who complain a lot.

I’m no fool here.

The school is having an in-service which is a teacher training session this afternoon. It is part of the school’s accreditation program where the teachers get additional professional training. I go to these sessions because I might learn something and I want to support the Academic Department.

Tomorrow, I am going to be spending my leisure time grading papers and entering information in the grade books. I want to be able go to the cinema next week and not feel guilty.

The good and the bad about the in-service is that it is from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. That means it will end on time because evening classes start at 6:00; this is good.

The traffic on the drive back to the beach will be poor. The school will be providing us with food, sandwiches and salads and drinks. That would normally be good except that this means I will miss having dinner with Merit at El Gringo tonight.

Skipping dinner with Merit at El Gringo is probably a wise idea for me. my appetite is nowhere near ready to tackle the overly full plates of food that El Gringo serves. It is also wiser because I am unsure if my stomach is ready for the spicy food at El Gringo. Doug says the food is too spicy for him.

All in all, today was a very good day for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home