Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Picking Up Where I Left Off

Picking Up Where I Left Off
Hmmmm. I think I was closing up on the Weekend Update. That means I am down to the odds and ends of the Weekend Update posting. I will also toss in some minor stuff that doesn’t fit anywhere else and is too short for a full heading and paragraph.

With the last series if updates from Microsoft, I am now able to create a blog posting in Word 2007 and then upload it in a cut and paste mode to Blogger.com. This is a change that I really like since Word has a much larger dictionary of standard and custom words. I also enjoy the auto-correct function of Word since I am a sloppy typer at times.

One of the units that is for sale in the building had an open house last weekend. I only mention this because the until has been on the market since late Spring when it was priced at USD$435,000. It is now on the market at USD$385,000. That is a large step down in the asking price. I don’t think that there were too many visitors – potential buyers to the unit.

I think the price will have to be reduced some more for the flat to sell. There are still four other flats that are for sale in the building and some will have even better views and not be adjacent to the building elevator.

Although the unit has a city lights view, I think it is inferior to my no lights view flat because the second bedroom in the for sale flat is right at the elevator landing for the floor. Living there, you can see everyone who comes and goes and you can be disturbed by the noise of conversations and the opening and closing of elevator doors.

All of this is largely academic for me. My flat is paid for and I do not intend to move or sell it. Selling is something that the Princess and Doug can do when I pass on to my final reward.

My Vehicles
The Pathfinder rolled over to 84,000 miles this morning on my way to school. I don’t drive it very much because it doesn’t get as good a gas mileage performance as the Prelude. It just has a better air conditioner system and that is important in our Summer.

I had been thinking about getting the Prelude washed this weekend since it is on the really dusty and ditty side. The local weather forecast is calling for a chance of showers over the weekend. Now, I have to make a decision about the Prelude. I am generally leaning towards getting it cleaned if only for the reason that it will soon become the primary vehicle now that cooler weather is close at hand.

School and My Friend Gloria
I had planned to go visit my friend Gloria’s frozen yogurt and ice cream store today after my morning class. Dr. Karen likes to see me consume calorie laden food so I can maintain my strength for the chemotherapy. I am highly confident that Dr. Karen would approve of a scoop of chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles on it.

This was my plan until I had a brief lunch with two of my morning students. Today was part of the Student Appreciation Days at school for the term. The school passed out hot dogs and chips and sodas for a student lunch.

We got to talking about food after we finished up on sports. One of the students had worked as a cook and he followed the Food Channel on cable television. He started talking about how Texans really enjoy their deep fat fried foods. He said that Texas was the fattest state in the nation and that Houston was the fattest large city in Texas.

And to think, I almost moved to Houston to work there.

I could almost hear my arteries clogging up just by listening to him.

When he was finished, I had lost all interest in stopping by Gloria’s today. It seemed so wrong to me. I will stop by Gloria’s on either Friday or Saturday so all will be well in the universe.

Looking Ahead for the Rest of the Week
I have my State and Local Government class tomorrow night. It ought to be fun.

Friday is my day to go see Molly the Stylist for a haircut or styling as she likes to say. I will get another purple rinse and I will look nice for a few weeks.

Then, there is the weekend and I will write about it on Friday.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home