Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Update - October 19th

Weekend Update - October 19th
Well, the weekend is about over for me and probably for most of the readers of the blog. Some of you may already be at work on Monday morning. After Friday and Saturday's postings, I really do not have too much more to say

It would require a superb writer with skills far beyond to be able to wax poetically about doing two loads of laundry this morning.

I had planned or at least thought seriously about going to see CITY OF EMBER on Saturday. I changed my plans when I saw that Circus Vargas still had its big top tent up in the parking lot next to the multiplex. No sense at all in fighting the crowds plus my car would be down wind from the circus for several hours.

Not good, not good at all.

Circus Vargas is a through back to the old style of the traveling circus. It is a regional circus in California. It has sawdust and straw on the floor. It is not as fancy as the Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus which is now set up inside of arenas.

I took the Princess to see Circus Vargas when she was small. I don't think she cared very much for it because it was hot and dusty. Then, I took her to see the Ringling Brothers circus at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena when she and Doug were older. We had great, front row seats. I think the Princess lost interest when a camel left something on the ground in front of her during the grand opening parade.

The circus will leave tomorrow so I can go back to the cinema for the weekend.

I discovered the circus was still there when I went to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for a large ice blended drink on Saturday afternoon. The young lady who makes perfect ice blended was there and made a perfect one for me.

Unfortunately for me, I drank the ice blended too late in the day and slept very poorly as a result.

I took a nap this afternoon and feel much better now.


Be well and stay happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you like the show?
I'm thinking about going?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Chuck Reinhardt said...

Circus Vargas, like all circuses, are best viewed with children. I think you get a decent value for your entertainment dollar and the children enjoy the clowns and animals because they are closer to them.. It all depends on what you want from the experience. Personally, I think all children should go see a circus once in their lives, especially if it is presented in the traditional, big top format.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home