Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Update or Stuff I Forgot To Mention Earlier

Weekend Update or Stuff I Forgot To Mention Earlier
I was talking to Doug this afternoon about getting together for lunch next Saturday. I am planning on another thesis coaching – tutoring session in the South Orange County. Since I was going to be in the area anyway, I thought lunch would be a good idea.

Doug may be off shooting a music video with his friend Robin. Obviously, I didn’t ask who the group was since I don’t listen to the same music.

We did agree that Albertacos would be an excellent place to go for a No. 8 combination [two soft beef tacos, rice and beans] and a medium drink. I plan to swing by Gloria’s frozen yogurt and ice cream store on my way back to the beach. The ice cream will help settle my stomach.

Doug will get back to me about the meet-up later on this week when his plans are finalized.

I sent my favorite daughter and son in law five containers of Dunkers from Trader Joe’s. Dunkers are specially baked cookies that are designed to be dunked in hot coffee or hot tea. Trader Joe’s is a local specialty food store that often features close out foods. These Dunkers are extremely addictive and enjoyable.

I purchased one container of Dunkers for myself.

I had an interesting session with my department chair at school on Thursday. But, first, some background information to help you understand things. The business program is on the small side at my campus so there is no program chair for business. The handful of business instructors get passed around to other department chairs. I have had three different chairs in the last three quarters. My current chair heads up the criminal justice program.

I was sitting in the faculty lounge waiting for class to start when my chair asked me to go sit in on a criminal justice student meeting until he got things more organized. Having nothing better to do, I went and chatted with the students until things got organized. I stayed for the meeting because I didn’t want to disturb the meeting by leaving early. Towards the end of the meeting, he told his students that they should ask me if they had any questions about writing.

That was cool.

I spoke to him again after my class was over. He was working on student course assignments for the next term. I wished him good luck and observed that if I am teaching some writing classes as I requested that I might see some of his students in my classes. He said that he would prefer to have me teach writing to all of his students.

Sweet.

My fast drive home after school was doubly sweet for me.

McDonald’s is having a Big Mac promotion where you can buy two Big Macs for USD$3.50. I took the chain up on their promotion. I think this was the first time I have had a Big Mac in at least fifteen years and maybe twenty years.

I found the Big Mac on the bland side compared to the Burger King Whopper. I do like the Burger King offering much better especially because the Whopper has real pickles slices, real onion slices, and real tomato slices.

It is going to be a long time before I go back to McDonald’s again.

I don’t think that I left anything out this time.

Happy Chinese New Year.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home